Part 25

"This is how things are going to work," Kiana said the minute the front door was closed behind Hunter and his family. "We will be going about two miles into the woods behind Josiph's house. There we will find a small clearing that Lucas has kindly searched for during his patrols. This will be where Hunter will take his first transformation, but no one outside the seven of us and Hunter is to know." She waited eyeing everyone in the room to make sure they were listening. When she was satisfied she began speaking again, "Steve will be to the north of us and the closest to the border of the territory." She indicated to Steve who stood beside her in a black shirt and baggy jeans. "He will be there mostly to make sure that no one has found us. If he hears anything we will let us know immediately, but since he is only keeping an eye on the north he will be missing the other three major directions." She turned to Hunter's parents smiling to the two before going on. "Diane and Zach, I would like you to stand near the south. You will be the closest to Hunter as well as the alpha house. If at any time something were to happen out there I want you to take Hunter to safety. Josiph would probably ask you to tell his parents as well if anything were to happen. Derek and I will be closer to the East in case someone is to attack close to me. Lucas and Josiph, I would like them near the West side."

"Do you expect something to happen today other than Hunter's transformation?" Zach asked. He was standing beside his wife and son with worry in his eyes.

In a heartbeat Kiana turned to Zach and answered, "If you had been to the recent meetings then you would know that a man by the name of Lucian has been trying to not only claim me as his own, but also claim this pack. He will harm and kill anyone in his path and this includes Hunter."

"Then why are we risking my son's life by going in the woods?" Zach asked.

"Are you saying that you would rather have your son transform in a closed in gym rather than a forest like all others have done before him?" Kiana asked her voice calm even though she spoke with authority. "Or would you rather have your son not transform at all?" When Zach said nothing Kiana went on, "That's what I thought. Let's get going."

A few minutes later Kiana led the group out of the house. She and Hunter were in the fong with Steve close by them watching every direction like a hawk. He seemed to be making sure that no visitors were out with them while Kiana and Hunter talked quietly to one another. It was hard hearing what either of them were saying but it was obvious that Diane and Zach could. The two of them walked behind their son almost stepping on his feet every time they walked. Behind them walked Derek and Lucas who seemed to be in deep conversation, and behind them was Josiph.

Twenty minutes later and plenty of odd turns the group of seven arrived at the clearing Kiana was talking about. Instantly Steve was in his wolf form and across the clearing hiding behind a tree in the north. No one could see him but everyone knew he was there. Derek and Kiana walked over near the east side of the clearing just after Kiana hugged Hunter and told him that everything would be alright. He smiled nervously but still nodded before moving closer to his parents in the south.

"You ready?" Lucas asked from beside Josiph. He had his hand out waiting for Josiph to hold his hand.

"Yeah." Josiph replied placing his hand in Lucas's, "I think Hunter is ready too."

"He has always been ready," Lucas said before the two of them walked to the west hand in hand. "He just needed encouragement."

When everyone was in position Kiana began speaking. "You remember those exercises I taught you, Hunter?" she yelled.

"Yes, I remember," He answered back nervously.

"Do those Hunter," Kiana instructed, "Breath calmly and loosen your muscles. You will need to relax." she said. Hunter nodded and began to take deep breaths to calm down. "Now imagine your wolf taking the place of your human form. Think of what your wolf would look like even though you have never seen him before."

"I'm scared. What if it doesn't work?" Hunter asked looking at Kiana as he spoke. His voice was sad and he even began to tremble.

"It will work Hunter. You have to believe in yourself if you want your wolf to come out,"Kiana urged taking a step toward Hunter as she spoke. "He wants to meet you Hunter, and you just have to let him meet you."

"But--" Hunter began only to have Kiana cut him off.

"Trust me Hunter. You will be fine. No one here will allow anything to harm you," Kiana said calmly. "Just breath deeply Hunter. Close your eyes," she told him waiting for him to close his eyes. When he did she went on, "Again think of your wolf coming out. trust me when I say he wants to meet you just as much as you want to meet him. He is just nervous. Maybe even more nervous than you are."

Hunter nodded but kept breathing deeply and calmly. "Don't be afraid of your bones popping either. It's normal. You will do good and I have faith in you." Josiph yelled out.

We waited for ten minutes straight and still nothing happened. Hunter's hope began to slip away as he too realized nothing was happening.

"Just watch, Josiph." Lucas's voice rang in Josiph's head. "It will take a bit longer for him because his wolf has waited so long. Just give him time. He is doing better than what I'd ever seen."

"He is giving up though."

"He hasn't given up yet. That is his wolf coming to the surface," Lucas said. "because it has been so long his wolf has taken over some of his emotions as he arises. He will learn to control those after the transformation is complete." Lucas then nodded his head back towards Hunter, "Just watch and you will see."

After several minutes loud snapping noises filled in the air, and on closer inspection it could be seen that Hunter's bones moving into place to accommodate for his wolf.

"You're doing great Hunter," Kiana encouraged just as another snap sounded around the field. "Move to sitting on your knees Hunter. It will make it easier than having to fall on your front paws when you have completed the transformation." Kiana was telling Hunter even as he was already doing everything.

He moved to sitting on his knees as more snapping of bones happened, and before he knew it he was completely on the ground whimpering.

It was then that Kiana ran to Hunter and knelt beside him. Nothing could be seen on anyone's end due to the tall grass that covered the young boys body. Diane and Zach took a step forward but when Kiana told them to stay back they moved away again.

"Is he okay?" Diane asked. Her voice rose in fear and was only stopped with a gasp a few seconds later. Her hand then moved to cover her mouth from a sob, "Hunter," she whispered. Beside her Zach said nothing at all and instead just stared wide eyed at his son.

Kiana smiled up at the two of them. "Why don't you say hello to your son." She stepped back then just as a dark red and black wolf stood up for the very first time.