Part 10

"What are you all looking at?" Lucas asked as he looked over the rail to everyone.

Lucas and Josiph were standing on the landing above everyone, and they were all just staring up at them with thoughtful expressions. Kiana and Derek and Steve had the look of knowing something had happened and the three just smiled. The rest like Paul and Maggie were just staring in wonder.

"How did the conversation go?" Derek asked. He was the first person to speak out of the group. His eyes twinkled with knowing, but he kept it out of his voice.

"The conversation went." Lucas shrugged as if it were nothing and descended the stairs on the left. "We didn't exactly figure much out, and we're still trying to figure out why we are mates. However, we do plan on taking things one step out a time."

It was the perfect answer that gave nothing away.

Josiph followed behind Lucas as Derek began speaking again, "Kiana was asking about calling the hotel. She said you knew the number."

"I do." Lucas replied standing next to Maggie at the bottom of the stairs.

"If you would like you could use the phone in the living room to call them and let them know. It's a big black phone on the coffee table in the middle of the room." Derek explaining pointing to the living room.

Lucas nodded, "Thank you," he said and walked across the floor and through the living room door where loud clicks of numbers could be heard. After a few short rings someone answered on the other end and Lucas talking could be heard in whispers.

Kiana and Steve talked quietly to Maggie about arrangements, and everything that had to be done. They also talked about events that would happen here in the pack, and Steve asked about scouting in the pack.

On the other hand when Lucas had left the room Derek turned to Josiph, "Did you figure anything out?"

"No not really. Asked about his eyes, and how his father had lost the title of alpha to their own pack."

"That's all you talked about?" Derek asked his eyebrows moving up and down. Everyone else in the room turned to the two with blank expressions. "What were the two of you doing in there?" Derek then whispered to Josiph.

Josiph rolled his eyes. "We didn't do anything but talk about what I had said." he whispered back with a smile, "Besides that really isn't any of your business if anything happened or not."

Derek laughed, "Don't get your boxers in a knot Josiph. I was just wondering, like everyone else down here. It's been over an hour since you two went up there. Also if you can't remember, you are wearing his shirt."

"I know I am." Josiph replied grabbing onto Lucas's shirt. "It's nice. But anyways no one in the pack should know about this. Not until the two of us can figure out what is going on. I don't really want anyone questioning my ability to be an alpha."

Derek nodded in understanding, "If anyone is to seriously question your ability to be an alpha now, then they have other things coming. Being alpha has been in your family for centuries."

"Yes that is true, but no one in my family has had a situation like this. No one has had to figure things out with their mate. And no one has had a mate who was the same sex."

Derek rolled his eyes, "There is always a first for everything."

"No on in the pack needs to know about this right now. Just keep this between everyone here, and make sure they know to keep their mouths shut. Lucas and I still have to figure out a lot here." Josiph instructed.