Part 30

It was now the night of the full moon and the alpha battle was about to begin. A group of twenty-four members came to cheer on Josiph from his own pack and they were all standing around the edge of a large clearing where only hours before did the newly transformed teenagers from the pack stand. Now it was the group getting ready for the battle.

Hank and Trish showed up to this run and the two ended up surprising everyone when they received first and second place in the final race. Now they even were in the clearing beside Kiana and Lucas waiting for Lucian to show up with his group of wolves.

"Do you know when he will show up?" Zach asked walking up to the right of Josiph and Lucas. The two were standing in the middle of the clearing hand in hand waiting for Lucian to show up through the western side of the clearing. It had only been a couple of minutes since everyone parted, but it felt like it had been hours now. "If he was as serious about this battle as he claimed to be then he will show up soon," Josiph replied turning to Zach. "You do know that you are not expected to be here Zach right? I mean your son just found his mate during the phase. Everyone would understand if you went home to be with your family and family to be."

Zach sighed before speaking. "I know i should be home celebrating the news with my family. We grew up together Josiph, and I'm not about to turn by back on you when you stook up for me. You will always come first during situations like this."

Only an hour ago during the transformation was Hunter able to find his mate in Trista. She had been injured during the last phase, but now she was better than ever and running with the rest of the pack. It was then that the two were able to find their mates in one another. After the run was complete the two left with their families to meet up at Hunter's house and talk about the coming events. As tradition goes, Trista and Hunter were able to date, but mating was off limits until they reached the age of eighteen, but until that time a house would be built by the combining families to welcome the newest member into the family. Trista and Hunter would both have to understand that pack members will be watching out for the two of them until the age of eighteen when they will be allowed to move into their new home together.

Zach however was missing all of the important planning with his family to be here for Josiph during the alpha fight, and that in itself was a big sacrifice on Zach's part. He would expect a follow up conversation with his family about what went on, but other than that he would be missing out until the building of a house would begin.

Josiph nodded clapping his hand on Zach's left shoulder. "Thank you man, "He said with a smile.

The three of them stood in the center of the clearing for another twenty minutes before the first scents of Lucian came to them. During this time Derek took a stand on the right of Josiph were only minutes before Zach had been standing. They had switched places so fast that it was impossible to know that Zach had even stood beside Josiph only seconds before. Still instead of Zach it was now Derek who stood beside them. His expression was blank and he just seemed to stare off into space in front of them waiting for Lucian to come.

"I was beginning to worry you wouldn't show up," Josiph glared coldly to the wind, his face stern as he faced the west.

Around the group everyone also turned in the same direction and though no one could actually see Lucian himself through the branches everyone knew he was there watching. Actually, he was mostly watching Kiana who stood beside Derek with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Other male wolves crowded around her for some sort of protection as well as a distraction even when she said no to all.

Kiana wore a simple blue shirt and sweatpants with her red curly hair hanging down and around her shoulders. To everyone around her things looked normal, but nothing was normal about Kiana during the full moon. The main one was her hair which wasn't even her real hair at the moment and instead was a wig covering up her actual hair color. Still that didn't cover up all that well and small flecks of white showed, but no one seemed to noticed the difference. The second one was that Kiana had refused to turn into her wolf form during the pack run and instead just went back with Maggie to take care of the wounded children while everyone else ran. Lucas followed behind her also saying he would not transform.

"Show up?" came a loud voice from just behind a thick tree at the front of the clearing. Lucian was laughing as he spoke and it was as if he thought Josiph had said a joke, "I wouldn't miss this for the world. After all I am gaining more than just a pack here today." The voice replied, "Am I right Kiana?"

Kiana said nothing and instead just stared directly at the tree where Lucian was hiding with his wolves.

Everyone started at the tree lines for a few extra minutes before one by one wolves came out.. The first wolf was a small red wolf who was no bigger than a border collie. It was obvious by looking at this wolf that he had recently transformed and had been forced to be here for the battle. He was a sacrifice and it didn't even look as if the young wolf had been on his feet for more than two hours in wolf form.

the young wolf took a couple of uncertain steps tripping as he went and watching everyone in front of him carefully before moving about a third of the way into the clearing and stopping. There he stood with his ears pulled back listening for any of his companions to follow behind him. When nothing came at first his face dropped and he seemed worried about his surroundings, but that changed when he heard the first signs of a tree branch breaking.

The two wolves after him walked out from the tree lines following the same path the younger wolf did. These two wolves were black and gray, and looked to be about twice the size of the first wolf. Both wolves had white paws and the same dark blue eyes. They also stopped behind the young red wolf before sitting and watching the group. Finally came the three wolves who were with Lucian a week ago. They walked slowly seeming to want to prolong the fight before stopping just behind the other three in their group.

Lucian was the last wolf to come out from the tree line. He was still in his human form and looked much bigger than he had a few weeks before. His arms were the size of Dwayne Johnson's thigh, and his chest looked to be from out of a magazine. He was huge and if estimations were anything to go by he was probably also stronger than all his men put together.

We are officially in some big shit, Lucas told Josiph as he stared at Lucian.

Lucian seemed to notice, tilting his head to the side before smiling and walking toward them. His strides were long and within a couple of steps he caught up to his men and began pushing them out of his way to be in the front. "Can we get this over with? I have things to do," Lucian said sounding bored, before stopping in the front and turning to Kiana, "and someone to claim."

"Do you know the rules?" Josiph asked not even acknowledging Lucian's comments.

Rolling his eyes Lucian turned back to Josiph. "Well obviously I know the rules. If I didn't know the rules I wouldn't be here right now," he said rudely.

"Does your wolves know the rules?" Josiph then asked, eyeing them all carefully.

Lucian turned around to look at his six wolves before turning back to Josiph. "They know the rules," he said crossing his arms.

"Good. Still just to be safe," Josiph said. "For all those watching, you need to know that if you get involved in the fight, your life will be cut short by the other pack. There will be no exceptions," Josiph said turning to everyone in his own pack as he spoke before landing back on those from Lucian's pack. "Feel free to stop any member from getting involved in the fight by any means possible, but they're not allowed to physically get involved in the battle. If they do my men will gladly end them where they stand."

Around the group everyone nodded their understandings, accepting the rules. "There are only three ways for this battle to finish," Josiph started off saying, "the first is if one alpha gives into the battle. This is far worse than an actual death in an alpha's battle and his family will be a laughing stock for the rest of time. The second way for this battle to end is if one of the two, is to be killed during this battle. Also you are not allowed to leave the battle or you forfeit."

"Well you better get ready then because you won't be alive after tonight," Lucian whispered, menacingly, only for the three of us to hear. His eyes could be seen moving down to Josiph's and Lucas's hands before he looked back up at us with a smile. "You might want to say goodbye to your boyfriend Lucas," he said, laughing, "You won't be seeing him anymore after tonight."