Part 4

Lucas, Kiana, and Steve sat around the campfire they had created that night wondering if anyone would come looking for them. They knew they had crossed boundaries into another pack, but since entering they haven't seen any other wolf in the area.

It was strange having no place to sleep other than the small tents they brought, and the clothes they carried in small bags, but the three of them were doing it.

"What are we even doing here?" Kiana asked. Kiana was a young woman no older than twenty-five. Her hair was a dark red color, and she wore simple jeans and t-shirt with hiking shoes. Nothing special, but everything was comfortable. "The rest of our things are in a hotel, why can't we stay there for the night?"

Beside her sat her older brother, and protector, Lucas. A buff man in his late twenties; Lucas looked every bit of intimidating. He had the same color hair, and also wore jeans and a tight t-shirt. He was the next in line as alpha in his own pack until they'd escape with his sister and best friend, Steve.

Steve, on the other hand wasn't as strong as Lucas, but he was a genus. He formulated the escape plan, and because of him everything worked out perfectly. Except for the nagging feeling of being followed. Steve wore sweat pants on most days because he believed it gave him more freedom, and his shirts consisted of loose fitting two sizes too big, but it was Steve after all and nothing would change that.

"Looking," Lucas answered his younger sister, while looking around their little campsite for the night. They didn't know where they would end up tomorrow, but the camp would do for the night. "We can get the rest of our things tomorrow, or whenever we want, but for now everything is safe at the hotel."

"For what?" Steve asked just before Kiana could say anything.

"Someone is here, but I just can't figure out who it is. The scent is off, and the feeling is too. All I know is that it is a female, and she feels alone," replied Lucas.

Kiana nodded. "I can feel her too. She is a young woman. Her age is unknown, but she's definitely depressed. She fears leaving the land, but knows if she is caught she could be killed. Her family is here though, and she doesn't want to leave them." Kiana frowned, her eyes watering as she kept reading the unknown woman. "She is a werewolf, or at least used to be. When she was younger, her wolf took over, and from then on she became feral. However, she stuck around her hometown-around her pack. Her hope is that she will be found, and brought back, and that it won't be too late for her."

"Is it too late for her?" Steve asked. His eyes were fixated on one particular spot never moving, not even to blink.

"It is not too late for her, not yet. However, she doesn't have much time left in her. She fights with her wolf everyday, and sometimes feels as if she can change back. It fails though, since she forget how to turn human again. Her memory almost erased by the very wolf who claimed her." She now too turned towards the direction Steve was looking at, and her brother did the same. "She is here though watching us. Curious, but she also knows something is different about us."

Steve stood up slowly keeping his eyes to the north of their camp and once standing he began taking small steps toward where the young feral wolf was just outside their campsite. She was somewhere in the woods close by to them, but the exact location was unknown. "She pulls me toward her, but I don't understand why. It is as if I know her, or like I should know her," he said walking closer and closer. Both Kiana and Lucas just watched him saying nothing, and moving no where. "She wants me to be closer to her, but she is afraid that I will not accept her."

"You can come out if you would like," Kiana spoke up. "We have food you can have. Pork, chicken, and even steak. Some of it is even raw."

No one came out. The only thing they heard was a crack of a branch and a quiet snort from a wolf.. Silence followed afterwards, but her presence was still there. "We will not harm you," Steve said softly. "I want to meet you. I feel as if I know you, but at the same time I am not sure how. We couldn't have ever met before. There is no way, but my wolf says otherwise."