Chapter 19

Phoebe's POV

Ten years later.

"Ryan, you are going to be late to your own wedding," I teased and pushed him out the door.

He rolled his eyes and let me push him towards the car. I was already in my dress that was pale pink. It came down to my mid-thigh and it had spaghetti straps. I had flat shoes that were white. It took ages for him to propose to Zoe even though they stay together for most of the time between now and when we left high school.

We only just arrived on time. I rolled my eyes as Zoe's parents looked at him as we went over to his best man who he met at college. I joined Zoe who was panicking with her other bridesmaid, Jenna. They both went to the same college and I really like her.

We started off down the aisle and smiled at my boyfriend Thomas as I walked down. We started dating four years ago after college. We met though athletics because I am a two time Olympics champion at the 100, 200 and 100 relay. He is a high jumper and we met at training once and we hit off.

The wedding was a success. I got to talk to the newlyweds before I got whisked onto the dance floor by Thomas.

"When are we going to tell them about us?" he asked.

"When they get back from their honey-moon," I said.

Thomas had proposed to me a few weeks ago and we hadn't told anyone because this is Ryan and Zoe's wedding.

We didn't get home until one in the morning. Thomas was slightly drunk so I helped him up the stairs so he didn't fall into the garden like he did last time when he went out with friends.

I had a few texts from Ryan and Zoe, both thanking me for the amazing wedding. I had a bit of spare time on my hands so I said I would organise it. I am training to be a high school teacher at the moment but I don't have time for it being a runner.

I lay down and I realised that I loved my life. Sure my high school life was shit but this totally made up for it. I had great friends, and I had reached my dream of being an Olympian.

................................................................................................................................................................................................

It is done. I know that the last few chapters were a bit short and rushed but I don't have the inspiration for this anymore. I probably won't start a new story until I finish Dancing in the Rain.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One