Chapter 8

Phoebe's POV

I felt someone sit down next to me. As much as I wanted someone to be there I couldn't think of anyone in this school that I would want to talk to, even Zoe. I stood up but someone grabbed my wrist.

"Phoebe, what's the matter? You can talk to me," the voice said. It was slightly male and familiar but I couldn't place it.

I yanked my arm as fast as I could and he let go.

I didn't look back so I don't know who it was that found me. Zoe looked at me as I walked into our second class on time.

She didn't say anything which was I glad about but she gave me a sad smile. I didn't want her pity so I pretended that I didn't see. Luckily the day passed quickly and my parents said that they wouldn't be home. Michael picked me up as usually but Ryan had training so it was quite.

Margaret hadn't left yet. She was busy trying to jam as many fancy dresses and make-up into one bag. I ignored her yelling, probably begging me to help her close the bag.  I heard shoes clipping across the floor telling me that she was following me.

"Phoebe, please help me," she begged through my door.

"Have too much shit to drag back," I teased opening the door.

She glared at me and I followed her down stairs. She left me to close it without helping me so I decided to play a couple of tricks on her.

"Margaret, I have something in my room that will help," I lied.

"Just close it," she squawked.

I dragged the heavy bag into my room and locked the door. I swapped her make-up with flour that was mixed with food colouring. I had this ready for a few days because this is not the first time she has begged me to help her. I poured a random selection of dyes into the bag and swapped all her jewellery with fake plastic ones that kids play with.

I then shut the bag and dragged it out to Margaret who was lazing around outside. I sat her bag down and smiled at her.

"All done," I smiled sweetly.

She smirked at me and headed out. I could wait until I got the phone call when she was wondering why all her things were ruined.

Turns out the phone call came after training when we were warming down.

"Hey, Margaret. I wasn't expecting a call from you," I smirked.

"I opened my bag and everything was ruined and my jewellery is missing," she moaned.

"You are calling me because?" I asked.

"I know that you ruined it you bitch," she snapped.

"I'm sure that I"m not the reason that your clothes are damaged."

"How did they get damaged?"

"Maybe your make-up split?"

"My make-up was open and it doesn't look nice now. Maybe I need more."

''I'm sure that that is exactly what you need," I suggested.

"I need a whole new wardrobe now too," she moaned.

"If the only reason that you called is to moan about this then go do it to one of your bitchy friend," I said hanging up.

"What was that about?" Zoe asked.

"Margaret was complaining that her clothes were ruined and blamed me. I was claiming that I was innocent and I think she believed me but I was totally guilty," I laughed.