Chapter 12

Phoebe's POV

I ran to the bathroom. There was no point though. I had red paint caked all over me. There was no point trying to save the clothes as they were covered. I washed my hands and face and sighed. I was glad that I wasn't wearing my favourite hoodie or jeans.

I can't believe that no one said anything, not even the teacher. She just stood there and watched Becca insult me and she coated me in paint but do you think that Becca go told off for anything? I didn't go back to art. I left the school and walked home.

Michael stared at me as I walked in the door.

"I didn't realise red paint was a fashion statement," he teased.

"Neither did I but clearly Becca is more skilled in fashion," I smirked as I was headed upstairs.

I binned the clothes before stepping into the shower. The warmth felt nice and it helped me wash away the thoughts of the day. I heard the door to my room open and I guessed that it was Ryan so I hurried up and quickly changed.

It was Zoe instead. She had her back to me, looking at the desk and the paper on it. She turned around and looked at me. I knew that my hair was still slightly streaked with red but I didn't really mind as it wasn't that noticeable anymore.

She looked stressed. You couldn't notice it at first. She looked normal in jeans and jacket and her hair was pulled back into a tight bun. Her eyes green eyes didn't look as bright as usual. More of a murky green rather than an emerald green.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see if you were alright," she said.

"Maybe you should have asked when I was in the class," I snapped.

"I didn't know how to stand up to Becca," she muttered.

"Clearly, you don't even know Becca. Now fuck off before I get someone to drag you away," I snapped.

She looked shocked but she did leave which I was thankful for. I sat down at the desk and sighed.

The door opened again but this time it was my Mother. I should have guessed that she would be here. It is Christmas morning and I haven't gone downstairs yet. Ryan had left a couple of minutes ago after we exchanged presents. He gave me a bracelet with a bunch of charms on it. It was the most meaningful present I had ever got.

Mother dragged me down so that we could exchange presents like we cared about each other. I received more dresses and makeup that I shoved into the back of my cupboard until Mother dragged me some dance.

"Phoebe, please go and get ready. We are going out to lunch in an hour and you have to ready," Mother ordered.

I gladly escaped even if it meant that I had to get dressed up. I picked out a blue dress. The bodice was tight and had small silver stars. The skirt comes out slightly. It has layers of different colours making it look like the sea. I kept Ryan's bracelet clipped to my wrist and I looked through the rest of my jewellery.

I pulled out a chain with a single star on it. I pulled the front part of my hair into a pony tail and made sure that the rest was tidy. I slipped blue heels on and walked downstairs. My Father was already there and my Mother and Sister stumbled in moments later.

My sister was in a rose pink dress. It was very tight and looked like it was impossible to walk in. My Mother was in a sleek black dress that clearly showed of her curves. I trudged out and sat down next to my sister in the car.

I noticed that Ryan was already there. He was standing next moth his parents and his younger sister Jessi. He was in a black suit with a dark blue tie that is the same colour as Jessi's dress. My parents made sure to steer me away from Ryan. He noticed me and he gave me a small smile.