Chapter 3

Zoe’s POV

I was standing in front the mirror. I had a school uniform and it fitted me properly. The shirt hugged my curves tightly. The shorts were the perfect length so they didn’t look slutty. All the athletes had to meet at the track earlier so I pulled on my shoes and run downstairs. My Mother is standing at the kitchen bench.

“Zoe, do you have a meet today?” she asked pretending to care.

“Yes,” I said shortly.

I quickly grabbed my food and bottle so that I could quickly get out of the house.

I saw Felicity first as she was warming up. I sat down beside her, copying the stretch.

“You nervous?” she asked.

“Sort of but it is like every other one,” I said.

“My parents are here; do you want to meet them?” Felicity asked jumping up.

I followed her. Felicity looked so happy talking about her family. Don’t get me wrong, I love my family it’s just not fair sometimes.

Her mother looked exactly like her. She had long dark hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. Her father looked the same as well, the same face shape. Felicity told me that she has three younger siblings. The oldest of them is 14 and a freshman. Her name is Allie and she is like Felicity’s twin sister. Tom is 10 and Kieran is 4.

Allie is already there hugging her Mother.

“So this is Zoe,” her mother said.

“Yeah,” I said shyly.

“My name is Georgina and my husband’s name is Harry,” she said.

“Do you have any siblings?” Allie asked.

“I have an older brother who is 20 called Alec but he doesn’t live with us and a younger brother called Sam who is 16 and a sophomore,” I said.

Alec is studying at the University of California to be a lawyer. He has the same light brown hair and green eyes as me and my Father, Steven. Sam and my Mother, Lisa both have darker brown hair and similar coloured eyes. 

All the athletes got called over and I ran into Alex. She is an only child with two parents that look exactly like her called Janet and James.  We got told when different events where and then got seated with the rest of our school but at the front. In our year the first event was the high jump and all the sprinting events were later.

I saw the unnamed girl from our school. She was talking to a boy and girl from our rival school.

“That’s Tess,” Alex said pointing to the girl.

I can’t say why but I felt jealous that the girl wouldn’t talk to anyone at our school but I clearly very comfortable talking to our rival school.