Chapter 13

Phoebe's POV

Ryan was home before me because I had training.

"A little birdy told me that you went on a date last night," I smirked

."I would have told you but since you and Zoe are still fighting I thought I better not," he explained.

"I don't really care. You can date whoever you want," I said.

"I knew that you would understand," he said hugging me tightly.

"Where did you go?"

"Just the park. She didn't really want to go anywhere so we talked and fed the ducks."

"And did you have the balls to kiss her."

"I do have balls. I did kiss her," he defended.

"You know I don't care, I'm just winding you up," I teased.

He shoved me off the bed while laughing. I landed on the floor with a thud. Someone tried to open the door but I learnt a long time ago that it made sense to lock it. For starters Ryan isn't meant to be here.

"Phoebe open the door, it's your sister," Margaret snapped.

"Why should I?" I asked.

"Because I said so," she snapped.

"I'm fine," I laughed.

She stood there and banged on the door for close to ten minutes before she gave up. She must have figured that Ryan was in here but since she couldn't see she had no proof it wasn't like her to look through the window by climbing up the tree.

I slid the door open and there was a letter there. I shut the door quickly before opening it. It was one of those letters with the swirly writing. Ryan stole it from me and started reading.

"Dear Miss Evans. It has come to our attention that you are almost 18 and that means that it is your time to come out at the next ball which is in two weeks. Please come to the town hall on Saturday to discuss decisions," Ryan read in a posh voice.

"You know what I want for my birthday," I said lying on the floor.

"Please tell me, your birthday is like a week away," Ryan said.

It's right. My birthday is the 27th of January and we have an athletics meet that day.

"I want to get away from all of this. I want to forget about all the drama and my family. All I want is to finish high school and go off to some college that offers some course on computer programming," I said.

"You want to be a computer programmer?"

"Yeah, I mean it's so logical."

"I don't think that that is something that I can get you for your birthday but I will try."

"Ha ha. I've applied for MIT but I don't think that I will get in."

There wasn't anyone in English when I came in. I sat down at my desk and lay down on the desk. I heard people started to come in. Zoe must have been one of them because she sat next to me. I looked up when she sat down.

"Happy Birthday," she smiled.

"I'm guessing Ryan told you," I said.

Zoe and Ryan are seriously dating now. I'm happy for Ryan but every time that he mention her I felt jealous. I felt jealous that Ryan had someone else that he could trust. We only had half a class because of the meet.

I was freezing cold as I was attempting to warm up. Alex, Felicity and Zoe were jogging on the spot and I was stretching. James jogged over me. I made sure that my headphones were in properly so that I didn't have to listen to him.