Chapter 11

Phoebe's POV

My parents were waiting for me when I got home. I considered not going home but I knew that they would just wait until I did so I might was well not wait. Both were sitting on the couch. I told Ryan not to come as that would make this whole situation worse. I sat opposite them and waited for them to talk.

My Father looked like he wanted talk but he didn't. My Mother was stroking his arm which I found funny given that they are barely ever in the same place and spend half their life cheating against lives cheating on each.

"I see that you still aren't listening to me," Father snapped.

"At least I'm at the school that you ordered me to go to. You were the one that told me that I had to be friends with Ryan in the first place. Have you fallen out with his parents and how we aren't allowed to be friends," I sneered.

"But now I don't want you to. He is a bad influence," Father snapped.

"The only time that you ever talk to me is when you are ordering me to do something. Ryan is my only friend and I'm not suddenly cutting him out of my life because you are having a petty fight with his father like five year olds," I snapped.

"Phoebe Evans you will do what I tell you to," he yelled at me.

"I'm fine thanks. I'd much rather have a friend in this world."

"What about that nice girl Zoe?"

"She is a bitch and we aren't friends anymore because she doesn't believe me."

"Until you stop talking to Ryan you will punished," he laughed.

"How are you going to punish me? You have already made me leave my friends and school because I had cancer and I'm not completely sure how you reached the conclusion that it was there fault and I had to move school," I snapped and left.

Mother yelled something at me but I was already running up into my room. I had installed a lock on the door a few years ago and it was the smartest thing I had ever done. I heard pounding on the door but it was locked and the only way that they would be able to unlock was break the door.

I put headphones making the music so loud so that I could block everyone else out. I pulled the window opened and reached out to the tree. Jumping slightly I was soon balanced and clambered down. I didn't even know where I was going but I just ran.

It started to rain sometime into the run but I didn't care. I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket but I didn't check it for a moment before realising that it was probably Ryan.

It was. He was demanding to know where I was because he came up the tree, saw the window open came in and couldn't find me. I looked up trying to figure out where I was but it was dark already. I must have been running for hours because I'm sure that it was like 3 or 4 in the afternoon when I left. I managed to find home though.

Ryan was sitting on the bed and looked up when I came in.

"Look what the cat dragged in. You are soaked," he teased.

"What time is it?" I asked, hunting around for clothes.

"It's seven at night. I've been here for hours," he moaned.

"Well I'm going to leave you alone for a few more minutes while I have a shower," I laughed heading for the bathroom.

The shower felt nice on my skin and I must have stayed in there for at least ten minutes before dressing and walking out.

"I'm getting food, do you want anything?" I asked as I opened the lock.

"Anything that you are getting," he said as I walked out and locked the door behind me.