Chapter 18

Phoebe's POV

I headed to my class and I had to sit next to Zoe. She wasn't here yet so I put my headphones in and pulled my phone out. Ryan was furious at the reply I had sent him and at Zoe. I told him that I was sorry and he should still go out with Zoe tonight. He tried to refuse but I told him that if he turned up to my house tonight I wasn't going to let him in.

Zoe sat down next to me and I didn't say anything. Luckily the teacher came in before she could say anything. The teacher didn't mind me not paying any attention because I will easily pass the class. I left before Zoe could insult me more. I didn't attend my last classes and I headed home. I didn't bother calling anyone, I just walked home.

The gates opened and Michael looked at me.

"I was sick of school," I said and walked inside. He nodded and turned towards the garage.

There was no one inside so I headed upstairs. I collapsed on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I must have fallen asleep at some point because I woke to Michael shaking me awake.

"It's seven. Do you want something to eat?" he asked.

I groaned and followed him downstairs. Ryan wasn't there which hopefully means that he is on his date with Zoe. I don't hate Zoe as much as you think after what she said. If she apologised I would probably forgive her because I really like her as a friend.

None of my family was around at the moment and I didn't really know what to do with myself. I found myself walking out the door and headed down the drive. I walked to the cliff and sat there for a while. I only meant to stay for a few minutes but I was still there four hours later.

Ryan was waiting for me when I returned. He was smiling brightly so I would guess that his date went well. I jogged up to him and he pulled me inside.

"Zoe feels really shit," he said.

"I sort of guessed. She doesn't seem like the type of person to do that," I said.

"We didn't talk about it much though," he mused

"Good, was it a nice date?" I asked as we headed upstairs.

"Yeah, I really like her."

"Ryan is in llooovvveee," I teased.

He looked slightly sheepish and blushed red. I looked at him and laughed.

Zoe was waiting for me at school.

"I'm really sorry," she said.

"I know," I said and hugged her.

"I don't know. I guess it was because I do really like Ryan," she admitted.

James walked up to me but I don't think that he had the same objective as Zoe did.

"I see that you aren't with your boyfriend," he snapped.

"Thanks to you I don't have a boyfriend. Zoe does, do you need your eyesight checked? Zoe and I are not the same person," I teased.

"Actually you are right. I don't know why anyone would like to date a slut like you," he laughed.

"And I don't know why anyone would want to date a jerk like you," I said and walked away.

I arranged for Zoe and Ryan to come around to my place tonight. I knew that all my family was going to be back in down but I didn't really mind because I wanted to spend some time with my friends.

We were lying on the couch when I heard my Mother voice float through the door. None of us moved and continued to watch the Little Mermaid. I heard her heels click on the floor and I knew that she was standing behind me.

"Um, Phoebe want to do you think that you are doing?" she asked.

"Watching the Little Mermaid," I said.

"I thought only 5 year olds watched that," Margaret said.

"And I thought that I made it really clear that I didn't care," I snapped.

"Don't talk to your family like that," Father snapped.

"What are you going to do? Hit me again," I teased. Ryan tensed beside me.

"He has hit you?" he asked.

"A couple of times," I whispered back.

He scowled and then stood up.

"We are going upstairs," he said and led me and Zoe out of the room before anyone could say anything.

"You never told me that he hit me," he said once I had locked the door behind us.

"I didn't want you doing anything to him," I said.

"We are going to look after you. I might even go home," Ryan said.

"Why don't you?" Zoe asked.

"My parents are always fighting and it just isn't nice," he said.

We continued to watch our movie and I realised that I didn't care about my family and I had everyone I needed at the moment with my two friends.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

Sorry for a short chapter but there is only an epilogue after this. I have sort of run out of inspiration and I think that this was the right time to end it.

Comment and Vote

The Wise One