Chapter 13

3 days later, I was set to leave the hospital.

Apparently I was in a coma for a day before I woke up and found Paul waiting for me. I had some pretty serious injuries, including a concussion, major blood loss, some internal bleeding, and a broken wrist, which is why there was a blocky cast on my wrist.

Paul described in full details what was happening to me when he found me at the warehouse, since I was unconscious.

He also told me that my mom didn't have a case for the trial, and she had just accepted her jail sentence of 35 years for child abuse, child neglect, and attempted murder.

As me and the boys stood in front of the reception desk, the nurse was trying to find the papers that will let me out of this place.

"I can't seem to find them. I'll look some more while you guys can do whatever you want." The receptionist said with her Irish accent.

We decided to roam around the hospital while the lady looked for my papers.

We walked around and talked about the most random things that we could think of, when all of the sudden we heard crying. It sounded like a teenage girl.

Me and the guys looked at each other, confused.

We looked around until we found the source of the crying.

Room: 141.

Patient Name: Erin Smith

Patient age: 16

Condition: Breast Cancer

Me and the guys looked at each other seemingly thinking the same thing. That we needed to see that girl.

Ringo knocked on Erin's door and stood back. I gripped Paul's hand tightly with my good one as I waited for someone to answer us.

The sobbing continued behind the closed door, but much quieter. Finally, the door opened a crack revealing a woman who seemed to be in her 40's, who I'm assuming is Erin's mother.

"You're the Beatles." She whispered.

"And you're a pretty girl hanging out with the Beatles." She whispered again while pointing to me. I chuckled a little and nodded.

"We heard your daughter crying and we wanted to see her." John said.

"One moment." She said and quietly closed the door.

"Mommy it hurts!" Erin cried from behind the door.

"I know sweetie.. But I have a surprise that might make up your feel better!" She said peppily.

"Is it the Beatles record I wanted?" Erin asked.

There was a pause so I looked at Paul.

He told me how his mum died so I was worried.

He had tears in his eyes and he was gripping my good hand extremely tightly, as if I would leave him.

"Paul, it's okay." I said quietly.

"This is almost exactly how it went with mum." He whispered, his voice trembling. I pulled him into a hug, and the other guys weren't hesitant to join.

So there we were, 5 idiots hugging in the hallway of a hospital.

We heard the door creak open so we all pulled apart from the hug and Paul wiped his eyes dry.

"Come in." Erin's mom said.

We all walked in and saw Erin in her bed with her eyes closed. She had short brown hair, pale skin, and little freckles on her nose and cheeks.

"You can open your eyes now!" Erin's mom exclaimed. Erin opened her eyes slowly, and they got wide when they landed on us. Her jaw dropped to the ground and she smiled the most heartwarming smile ever.

She was absolutely adorable considering that she is only a couple years younger then me.

"You are the Beatles!" She exclaimed. We all chuckled and the boys nodded.

"What album was it that you wanted?" John asked her.

"With the Beatles." She replied quietly.

"And who is your favorite Beatle?" He asked.

"Uhm... Either George or Ringo." She said in a small voice. George and Ringo smiled proudly and high fived. I laughed at them and George grinned at me.

John, George and Ringo huddled up and we're whispering things. All I heard was 'a capella'.

They all dispersed and faced Erin, all wearing large grins.

"Hit it Ringo!" John exclaimed, pointing to Ringo. So Ringo started singing, 'I Wanna Be Your Man".

As Ringo sang, I could see the tears in Erin's eyes start to slowly slide down her cheeks. A few passed her lips and dropped onto her beautiful white teeth.

Ringo ended the song while Erin smiled one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen.

"Sing it loud George!" John cried after Erin was done applauding.

George sang through "Devil in Her Heart" and Erin looked like she physically shouldn't stop smiling.

"Ta da!" John exclaimed while doing jazz hands.

"Well Erin, we have to head out now. I hope you get better, and make sure you eat right when we're gone." George said.

I rolled my eyes, of course George would talk about food to a dying girl. He walked over to her with a little tear in his eye and kissed her forehead.

"Feel better little one!" Ringo cried while running to her and bringing her into the longest hug ever.

"I'll miss you." John said while giving her a kiss on her forehead like George.

Paul let go of my hand to wipe the tears off his cheeks. He walked over to Erin and gave her a little kiss on her cheek

"Good luck." He whispered.

He walked over to her mom and scribbled something on a piece of paper.

"Just in case anything happens."
He said and walked back to me.

"Thank you." Erin's mom whispered to Paul from across the room. He gave a small smile and nodded. We left the room and walked back to the reception desk.

On our way there, my nose got itchy so I brought my hand up to scratch it.

Now, Paul was holding my good hand and I completely forgot that I had a cast on my other hand so I wacked my face really hard with my rock solid black cast.

"Ow!" I screeched. All the boys laughed at my stupidity and I joined them.

As we laughed, I thought about how much better my life has gotten since I met these boys.