Chapter Nine.

*Jack's POV*

       I open my eyes and I see bright lights. I start to squint as my blurry vision clears a little. I blink and I see my parents staring at me, "He's awake!" They yell to someone as they hug me. I still have no idea where I am. I look around and I see fluorescent lights, white walls, and a lady dressed in white. "Where am I?" I ask as I look around. "Honey, you're in the hospital." The nurse says as she checks me. I'm in the hospital, huh? "Why?" I ask her, "what happened?" I ask. She looks at me confused, "Do you not remember anything?" She asks me, I just slowly shake my head. "Well maybe you'd like to hear it from your parents instead of from me." She says as she checks everything, and then leaves the room. 

        "What happened?" I ask as I look over to my parents. They look at me with sympathy. "Jack." My mom says and pauses, tears start to fill her eyes. "Jack, you tried to kill yourself." My dad finishes her sentence. I finally remember as he says that. I remember Dylan lying to me, I remember all the pain and trying to drown that pain out with alcohol. I get angry as soon as I remember this. "If you don't mind me asking?" My mother asks, "why would you want to do that to yourself?" She asks awkwardly. My eyes start to water, "I don't really want to talk about it." I say to her and she understands. "Someone came here earlier for you." My dad says. As he says that I get angry because I think I know exactly who he's talking about. "What was his name?" I ask, trying to contain the anger. "He didn't say, but he just came to see how you were doing and he left." He said. I just ignore him and I turn on the television.

       I look over at the clock and it's 11:00 P.M. I look over at my parents and they're sleeping on those small chairs. The nurse said they wouldn't let me out until tomorrow, and I'm going to have to go to a therapist, which sounds terrible. I already know my problem, it's Dylan, I don't even want to see him again. There's a small knock on the door and I look over at the door as it opens and speak of the devil, it's Dylan. "Get out." I say as soon as I see his face. "Wait, I just want to talk." He says. As much as I don't want to see him, I do want to talk to him, and I've been missing him, so I let him talk.  

       "Okay, so I didn't know what I wanted to do, I really love you but I don't want to get bullied at school or anything like that, and I don't want to lose my reputation." He says. I just give him a blank face. "That's the worst reason ever." I say, "and honestly, I don't trust you anymore." I tell him. He makes a hurt face, "What did you expect? Me to just love you again no questions asked?" I ask him. He looks away and then back at me, "Well no." I say to him. He walks up to my bed and kneels on the floor and he lies his head on my stomach. He starts to cry and he stains my blanket with his tears. I sigh as I run my fingers through his hair. "Look, I'm not saying I'm going to hate you forever, I just don't trust you right now. I don't know when I will, but I promise I will. Eventually." I say to him to try to make him feel better. He looks up at me and gives me a weak smile, "I'm so sorry, I never wanted anything like this to happen, my dumb ass figured we would go on one date and you would love me instantly." He says and I roll my eyes. He starts to cry into my blanket again and at this rate my blanket is going to be soaking wet, "This is all my fault, I never wanted to hurt you." He says as he sobs. I sigh again as I pull his face off my stomach and I move in towards his face. He just stares into my eyes and I look right back. I move in slowly and we kiss slowly and passionately. We pull away from the kiss and he whispers, "I love you." I give him an unsure look. "I'm not sure I'm going to say anything back just yet." I say to him. He nods and tells me that he completely understands. I lift the covers up and I invite him to lie down with me. We lie down together and he wraps his arms around me and I feel safe again, although not completely safe. I just ignore it and I close my eyes as his warmth surrounds me. 

so what did you think? c: vote and comment c;