Chapter 43: Season Finale

"GrrAAAAA! Argh.. Ugh...ddd DRAAARGH!!!"

Horrid screams, as loud and terrifying as a hundred banshees tore through the night as their source struggled against his binding. Sight, sound and smell were lost to the daeben as he floundered against the pain that endlessly assaulted him. His tormented cries were received by a lone witness, one who was powerless to assist or assuage his pain in any way.

Netear Vinelance trembled as he watched his charge once again convulse, each passing second one that brought with it a rising fear of the daeben biting his own tongue off. He stared at the piece of cloth in his hand as he thought back to three hours ago when Kashi returned from the Summoned's world.

***

Three Hours Earlier,

Kashi gritted his teeth as he regained consciousness in his body, biting back the pain that came from the flames that periodically burned his skin. He forced his eyes open, and was more than relieved to see Netear not only awake but, closely monitoring him. "Turn it off," Kashi managed in a very throaty voice. His body was dehydrated. He needed some water fast.

Netear immediately rushed over and tapped each orb, effectively turning them off. He then removed them from the slots in the torture chair to prevent them from accidentally activating and resuming their attack on the daeben. The daeben's body shivered to the touch, which he surmised was more a result of his recent ordeal than the nation's cold weather. Five weeks was a long time for any life-form to go through that procedure after all. He made to undo the latches but Kashi weakly shook his head.

"Leave them on," Kashi requested, voice lower than a mouse's, "Gag me,"

Netear paused, forehead creased with worry lines as he stared in confusion. "Sorry?"

Kashi weakly panted, as he looked up at the alchemist, red eyes having lost most of their luster. "I need a gag. The real thing's about to start."

"I-I don't understand."

Kashi smiled wryly as the notification he dreaded came up. "Too late. You'll have to wait till the next break."

Warning: Backlash Imminent

You have willfully conducted in Out-Of-Body Training, consigning your body to various forms of torture in order to raise your stats. This is not a violation of the rules, however, you must be prepared to shoulder the consequences.

Warning: Auto-Logout Switched OFF

The Virtual Drives Auto-Logout Systems have been switched off. Until the backlash is completed, you may only logout manually: Either by shouting, thinking, or, accessing the logout button in your menu. However be warned, should you decide to log-out, your avatar will be destroyed from the backlash, even if it is only a second left till the backlash is over.

Please do enjoy this duration of immense, torturous pain, and we hope you endeavour to use Out-Of-Body Training feature in the future... J J J

Current Duration: ??? Days...

Kashi's head shot back, teeth gritted to stave off panicked screams as his fingernails bit into his palms. That pain did nothing to deter from the anguish of feeling each nail be slowly, and deliberately ripped off their roots. Veins bulged along his neck as he rocked violently, struggling in vain to reduce the unbearable pain. He looked to his hands, and sure enough his nails were all intact, but still he drowned in the torture, every cell in his body receiving a deliberate message, one he was not allowed to ignore.