The City of Love (Louis Tomlinson)

’’Hey, babe. Wake up.’’ Someone was lightly shaking my body as I grunted, slowly fluttering my eyes open. I met a pair of irresistible blue eyes peering at me and that beautiful heart-warming smile I adored so much. His face was so close to mine I could feel is brown tousled hair tickling my cheek. Louis stood bent over the bed as he smiled at me.

‘’Yay you’re awake!’’ He cheered, letting me feel his hot breath against my lips as he kissed me quickly.

I felt utterly tired as I stretched out in the bed. Louis walked away to the drawer, pulling out a pair of suspenders. With tired eyes I watched how he locked them to his beige chinos and let them falling back with a snap to his shoulders.

‘’What’s the clock, Lou?’’ I yawned, realizing it was still dark outside.

‘’Don’t ask anything. I want to show you something. It’s gonna be a surprise. Get ready and meet me down in the lobby in 10, okay love?’’ He said. I got curious.

‘’But-‘’

‘’No buts, though I know you love mine.’’ He cut me off with, smiling cheekily. ‘’You have your clothes there’’ He continued, pointing at the chair that stood next to the drawer. I slowly sat up as I still had my eyes on Louis. He acted a bit weird and nervous. I sighed and wondered what the mischievous boy could be up to. But then again I got excited about what he was going to show me so I rose up and walked to the pile of clothes Louis had chosen.

‘’See you soon, babe.’’ He winked at me before kissing my cheek and heading out through the hotel door.

I put on my nice pink shirt with ruffles and flowers and a pair of blue skinny jeans, my favourite ones. Louis surely had a good taste in fashion. With my hairbrush I combed my hair and put it in a simple braid that let my long silky hair fall over my right shoulder. Quickly, I brushed my teeth and put on a little bit of perfume before taking a last look in the mirror. I decided my face looked acceptable with no make up so I took my keys and headed out from the hotel room, excited of what he had planned.

Louis and I had known each other since the first day of school. We became friends almost immediately and we were inseparable. I loved everything about him, especially his personality. To be honest, he was the funniest person I’ve ever known and his spontaneity was unpredictable. Some days we could laugh so much I could feel a six-pack coming on. You could never have a boring moment with him and that’s what I loved about him. It wasn’t until we got to senior year in school we confessed our true deep feelings for each other. I remember how nervous I’ve been but when it turned out he had the same feelings for me, I couldn’t do anything but cry of happiness. And now we were here; on a trip to Paris. I couldn’t be more than extremely happy. Louis was my everything.

I could se my lovely boyfriend standing by the soda vending machine when I stepped out from the elevator. His face burst into a big smile when he saw me and I blushed a bit. The lobby was empty; I guess not so many people were in action at this time of the day. I mean, I didn’t even know if it was morning or still night. I laid my arms around his neck when I approached him. He was just so damn handsome I think I was about to faint. How could I be so lucky? He pulled me closer, resting his hands on my waist.

‘’So, what have you planned to show me?’’ I asked, looking dreamingly at him. He lifted an eyebrow, letting the right corner of his mouth perk up a bit.

‘’Didn’t I say it was a surprise?’’

‘’But I want to know, Lou.’’ I said as I pecked him softly.

‘’Nope.’’

‘’Tell me! I wanna know where we’re going!’’ I whined. Louis grinned even bigger as he pulled back.

‘’Good things come to those who wait.’’

‘’You’re mean.’’ I pouted. He kissed my forehead, his eyes sparkling in the blue tone they showed.

‘’Come with me.’’ He whispered as he took my hand in his and started to walk through the lobby. When we almost had reached the entrance Louis stopped, dead in his tracks. He spun around and lifted his index in the air.

‘’Oh, I almost forgot.’’ A grin played on his lips. His right hand dug into one of his pockets and pulled out a pink silky blindfold.

‘’What’s that for?’’ I asked, dumbfounded.

‘’So it won’t ruin your surprise.’’ He explained as he pulled it over my hair and slowly down to cover my eyes. My vision went black.

‘’You won’t fuck me on the street against the wall, huh?’’ I joked. I could hear him chuckle as I suddenly felt something warm against my ear.. My whole body startled. Then I realized it was his hot breath.

‘’It would be my pleasure, but no.’’ He whispered seductively, letting my whole body tingle at his words. I felt how he withdrew himself before asking:

‘’You see nothing, right?’’ I shook my head no. ‘’Good.’’

I could feel how his slender fingers searched mine as he intertwined them. ‘’Now come with me.’’

I felt like bambi on ice when he led me out through the entrance. I was blindfolded, I couldn’t see anything. My balance sucked referring to not being able to see. Louis tugged me along as he walked me carefully. All I could feel was the warm summer breeze brush my face, sending chills down my spine and hearing a faint sound of music playing from a nearby restaurant. I felt how we walked down the sidewalk and heard how my shoes clattered against the asphalt. We walked for another few minutes with Louis instructing me how to lift my feet, turn right etc.

‘’Are we there yet?’’ I asked, getting impatient.

‘’Soon, love. Promise.’’ He reassured me with. ‘’We just need to hurry up a bit. Otherwise we’ll miss it.’’

I wondered what he meant by ‘’otherwise we will miss It.’’, but didn’t ask. I just nodded in agreement, not sure if he saw. With my stumbling way to walk I we made our way to the destination. I could feel how his hand got a bit sweaty. 

‘’Okay, we’re there. But don’t take your blindfold off! Not yet.’’

I heard a ‘ding’ sound as I was pushed forward. My brow frowned when I heard the second ‘dong’ because we now apparently weren’t outside anymore. Louis held my hand tighter and soon it felt like I was flying. It tingled my stomach, making me giggle. I couldn’t help to not start singing on I Believe I Can Fly and I heard how Louis sighed, probably preventing himself from not chuckling or maybe even sing along. Soon the flying feeling disappeared and I heard another ‘ding’ as Louis hand found my back and led me forward. The air hit me once again but it was colder this time. It was wind blowing my face.

‘’Okay…’’ Louis mumbled as he inhaled again. ‘’You can take it off.’’

With blinking eyes I adjusted to the light and realized we were on top of the Eiffel Tower. The view was incredible, letting the whole Paris show off as the sun slowly rose.

‘’Louis…’’ I gasped, putting my hand over my mouth. I spun around to my boyfriend who was standing there behind me, biting nervously on his lips. My heart melted at the sight of him, looking so unsure and abnormally cute at the same time.

‘’Well, I hope you like it…’’ He mumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets.

‘’It’s- god I can’t even find words!’’ I exclaimed, pulling away my hand from my widely smiling mouth and running up to him. Our lips met in a passionate kiss and I caressed his jaw as I kissed him. I wished we could stay like this forever, only us two in the whole world. I felt he was a bit surprised at my reaction but when his muscles relaxed I could tell the nervousness slowly faded away from him. I loved him so much it made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I could feel how he slipped his both hands in the pockets of the backside of my jeans on my bum. Panting, he pulled back, resting his forehead on mine. The slowly rising sunrays beamed at his face, making his stunning features gleam.

‘’You mean so much to me, you know…’’ he spoke, his sweet voice sounding like music to my ears.

‘’You mean more to me than no one else.’’ I replied truthfully, smiling brightly. His cheeks turned a bit red and I kissed each one. ‘’You are so cute.’’ I giggled. He buried his face in the crook of my neck as he inhaled deeply. I turned around in his hold of me as I looked out over Paris with the sun slowly rising. That’s when I realized why he wanted to hurry up earlier when he walked me. Louis head rested on my shoulder as his hands wrapped me in a hug from behind. I felt his hard chest against my back and I his heart beat calmly. He swayed me lightly from one side to another as we stood there all happy and utterly in love.

‘’Lou, it’s beautiful.’’ I sighed as I fiddled with his fingers.

‘’Not as beautiful as you though…’’ He kissed my cheek as I smiled into it, feeling my heart flutter.

‘’God, I love you.’’ I whispered.

‘’I love you more.’’ he kissed the top of my head and with that; we stayed there swaying lightly to the wind as we watched the sun rise over the city of love.

CREDITS: http://harryscandybag.tumblr.com/