Next To You (Niall Horan)

You were lying in bed, with your computer, waiting for Niall to come online. Niall and you were together for two, almost three years now, and you lived together. He and the boys were on a tour, so you haven’t seen your boyfriend for a long time. You guys video-chat every day, but you rather have Niall next to you and cuddle with him. Of course. A *bleep* interrupted your thoughts and you looked at your screen. “Niall Horan wants to chat with you. Accept. Deny.” I quickly clicked “Accept” and Niall’s face appeared at the screen. ‘Hey babe!’ He said, his face lighted up by seeing your face. ‘Hey Ni! Had a good day?’ He tiredly smiled, you just wanted to walk through the computer and go to sleep with him. ‘Yeah, but I’m very tired of all the concerts, and the jetlag, and I just wanna go to bed, but I have another concert tonight, so we’re going to do a sound check in half an hour.’ ‘Oh god, I would die if I was you!’ You laughed. ‘Yeah, I’m dying right now.’ he said, and he fell off of his chair. He climbed on his chair and smiled. You laughed, and you felt your heart flutter. ‘What happened today babe?’ he asked you. ‘Nothing special, went shopping with (y/f/n), OH! I have bought a new shirt, I’ll show it to you!’ You got out of your bed and heard Niall sigh and chuckle. You grabbed your new shirt out of your closet, walked back to your bed and settled yourself. ‘Look! It’s cute isn’t it?’ Niall smiled and said, ‘Yeah babe, it’s beautiful, can’t wait to see it on ya!’ You sighed and threw the shirt into your closet. ‘What’s up (y/n)? Hey, look at me.’ You looked at him and sighed again. ‘I just miss you so much Niall. I miss the smell of your hair, your clothes all over the room, your face when I serve dinner, your cuddles when I come back from work, or when you come back from work, your massages after I had a bad day, when you make me feel like a princess every single day, your guilty face if you broke something or burned the food, your farts when you come home, which you’ve withheld all the time, your smile, your kisses, you.’ You didn’t notice, but while you were talking, you started crying, and you see Niall is trying hard not to cry. ‘Babe, I’m home in a week! Exact seven days! That’s over before you can count to three!’ he tried to make me happy. ‘I know Ni, I just want you here. But tell me about your day now! I’ve been talking all the time, I want to hear something about your day too!’ You guys talked a bit about everything and nothing, until he had to go for the sound check. ‘Bye Niall. I love you.’ ‘Love you too babe.’ he said, and he disappeared from you screen. You sighed and placed your laptop on the ground, wrapped yourself into your blanket and fell asleep.

A week later

You were standing in arrival hall where you had to wait for Niall to come back from the London airport, where he arrived with the lads from the tour, and immediately took the first plane to the Dublin airport. You held up a huge banner, which was actually way too big to keep up on you own, but with a little effort, it worked. It said “NIALL” in the colours of the Irish flag, with a lot of small doodles next to it. A few people looked at your banner with and smiled to you. You smiled back very happy, because your Niall was finally coming home. The first person from Niall’s plane walked through the gate, and a few other persons after him. And then, a boy with a very familiar walk, blond hair and a very familiar snapback walked through the gate. Your heart stopped beating while he was searching for you, saw a huge banner with his name, and underneath it, you. You threw your banner at the ground and ran into his arms, crashing you lips on his. It became a long and passionate kiss, and when you pulled back, you whispered, ‘Welcome home Niall.’ Niall smiled and gently pressed his nose against yours, into an Eskimo kiss. ‘I’m glad to be home babe, and I’m glad to be with you.’ You wanted to tell him why his family wasn’t there, but you fast changed your mind before you could blab out they were organizing a “Welcome Home Surprise Party” for tomorrow, when he was equipped. You pecked another kiss on his lips. ‘Let’s go to home Ni, Nando’s waiting for you in the kitchen.’ He smiled by hearing the restaurant’s name. ‘Yeah, but I have to ask you something first.’ ‘Ask away!’ you happily said. He reached into his pocket, pulled out a black velvet box and got down on his knees. OH. MY. GOD. ‘(y/n), we’re together for almost three years now, and we know every little thing about each other. When I looked you in the eyes the first time, I knew you were the one, but I didn’t realized it. And when you said all those things about me a week ago, on the video-chat, I realized it. (y/n+y/l/n), will you marry me?’ He opened the box and it showed a very simple ring, like you preferred it. It was small, without any big striking diamonds or things like that, just a small silver ring, with an inscription on the inside. Later, it turned out it said “Niall♥(y/n)”. You nodded your head, speechless, after a few nods you found your voice back and said with your whole hart, ‘Yes Niall, I would love to marry you.’ When you said that, Niall’s face showed the brightest smile you’ve ever saw, he shove the ring on your finger and came back up. He cuddled you and twirled you around, like they do in movies. When you were on the ground again, you heard the noise of clapping hands. You looked around, people you didn’t know were standing around you and Niall, happily smiling and clapping for your engagement. Of course people were making pictures, probably the whole world knows Niall and you are engaged now. Whatever, it didn’t matter, because Niall was home, and he wasn’t your boyfriend anymore, he was your fiancé.

‘Congratulations!’ An old woman said, and gave you and Niall a hand. You thanked the sweet lady and walked outside to your car. Niall threw his bags in the car boot and stepped in. You stepped in too, and you drove to Mullingar, where you were going to call your mom and dad and your friends to tell them the news, but first, Niall had to eat. When you two were lying in bed, you cuddled with Niall, happy you could feel his warm body next to you again.

CREDITS: http://1dandziall.tumblr.com/