I'm here For You (Harry Styles)

Author's note: English is not my first language. It’s long but I’m actually proud of it. Hope you like it.

Harry’s P.O.V

“Babe?!” I asked for (y/n) as soon as I entered our house. “Where are you? I’m home!” No response. I kept walking through our house searching for her. 

Everyday when I got home from work (y/n) was already there, usually at dinner table studying, since she was at university, or at our room lying on the bed, watching tv, trying to relax a bit. Whenever I called her she always answered, but today was different. I didn’t have a response. Our house was quiet. I couldn’t hear her reading out loud what she needed to study neither the tv on.

I kept calling her and looking around the house but I couldn’t find my girl. I started to get a little preoccupied, because I knew she was home once I saw her phone and bag lying somewhere near the couch when I dropped mine at the floor. 

“(y/n)!? Babe?!” I tried again when I got to our room, then I realized she was at the bathroom because the shower was on. I knocked at the door and opened it.

“Hi!” I said relieved. 

“Oh! Hi Haz!” (y/n) said a little surprised. “Didn’t hear you coming in. Sorry!” There was something strange in her voice, as if she was sad or have been crying lately. 

“No problem, love. I just wanted to let you know I was home. Are you ok?” I asked her a little concerned.

She just nodded with a weak expression. 

“I’ll let you finish showering, babe, and then we can talk, I’m downstairs, ok?” 

“Ok, I’m coming down in a bit.”

I closed the door and went to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. Heading to the couch I accidentally stumbled in (y/n)’s bag and many of her things flown out. 

I started putting everything back at it’s original place when a piece of paper caught my attention. It was something she had written, the date was from today. I knew I shouldn’t have read, but her handwriting always put a smile in my face and everything she wrote seemed to make me proud of her, her writing was brilliant, so I started reading it.

“Everything seemed to collapse. Simple as that. When I realized everything was falling apart around me and I couldn’t help it. The worst part? I was going down with it. I didn’t know how or where to hold onto. 

I felt alone, with the world’s weight on my back. As if I couldn’t count on any soul. Fear took a big part of me. The fear of losing, failing, abandonment, loneliness, not being enough.

There was no way of escaping it. It was something that was with me all the time. At home, university, when I woke up, when I was going to bed, whenever I was eating, when I was with Harry. It just wouldn’t stop haunting me.

I tolerated everything. I tried to keep it until my maximum, until my breaking point. When this point came I thought there was nothing left to do, that it couldn’t come back to how it was. I thought it would only get worse, because I couldn’t find something that would make me believe otherwise. 

I cried, I was distressed, I cried again, I felt empty inside, I had no idea what to do to feel better, to feel myself again. I felt like I was losing myself. More and more. I was lost and I didn’t know what to do about it. And I didn’t know if I could take it any longer…” 

The letter was missing an ending but I cried at her words. Why haven’t I noticed this before? This is why she’s been quiet for the past weeks, talking less than ever, going to bed earlier saying she was just with a headache. I thought it was all stress from university, but actually my girl was broken and I didn’t notice.