Chapter 7 -Wanna cheat with me?

“Hey how did you do that” Aiden chased after me.  His blonde hair bouncing against his forehead. He had his bike beside him which seemed to have two flat tires.

“Do what”  I had no clue of what he was talking about.

“How’d you get away with being high, and having it in your backpack”

“I didn’t get away with it, I am suspended for the rest of the day, and probably grounded for life.”

“But how did you just get that, and not get arrested?”

“You cheat the system, learn the rules and bend them, don’t break them., that wasn’t marijuana it was Sylvia a type of mint leaf that can get you high.”

“So you admit you cheat?” He asked me. Why was he asking me so many questions, what was this an interrogation?

“I cheated the system” I stated bluntly again.

“Want to do me a favour?” Again another question. I knew this was leading up to something. 

“What do you want?” I really didn’t want to be associated with him since him and Michael don’t get along. 

“Want to help me cheat?”

“On what?”

“The science test”

“No”

“C’mon  I need a good grade  to play football and  you need a good grade so you don’t get suspended again or expelled, and you said you cheated” Aiden pleaded. This is why I don’t tell people things, then they can use what you say against yourself. But his point is good I do need a good grade.

‘Fine, do you have a plan?”

“Yup” he said popping the p

“Are you going to tell me it?”

“After foot ball practice  we will come back into the school. I’ll go to the office looking for Mr. Kimble  and he’ll get called down to the office. You’ll sneak in and take picture of the test answers.” For a West sider his plan wasn’t that bad. I found it amusing  how I had  to do the actual stealing of the test answers.

“Okay meet me at my locker  tomorrow after school.” I said I went to my locker to collect my stuff.  I didn’t want to tell him but he missed his house while we were  walking and we weren’t even talking at that point. Wow what an idiot. 

I got away with being high without the cops getting called , I pretty much got away with it  with the school, but now I have to face  my aunt Judy. This is going to be one long hard night.  I walked in the door  waiting to be  yelled at. I even opened and shut the door again in case they didn’t hear me  After a few minutes went by I realised  no one was home.  I figures I would jump in the shower. After that I just sat there and watched T.V. Looking for anything  to keep me entertained. I wanted to punch a few cones but I didn’t want to  be under the influence when my aunt came home.  Good thing I didn’t because I looked out my window to see everyone arriving home.. With ice cream. I went down stairs to greet them at the door. They all entered and finally my aunt came through the door. We made awkward eye contact, until she finally spoke up.

“Cassandra, Max why don’t you go to your rooms. I have to talk to Jennifer”

“Okay” They replied like little goody two shoes. My aunt motioned for me to follow her into the dinning room, and told me to sit down. She kept pacing around the table, rubbing her temples while whispering “Jenny, Jenny, Jenny” hey at least she was calling me Jenny.