Chapter 5 -Visiting

“Jennifer, why would you tell Max that Josh is in jail?”

“Because he is,” I gave her a confused look.

“Yes, but why couldn’t you lie?”

“I thought we weren’t allowed  to lie in this house?”  I smirked. I loved playing games with my Aunt Judy because she gets upset so easily however, she wasn't amused by my answer. 

“You know what I mean! Now I have to go explain to Max why Josh went to jail!” She paused for a second. “Actually you started this so you can finish it, you can go and tell Max why,” did she really want me to tell him? Or did she want me to tell him the truth or make up some story? I didn’t know what she wanted, but when we entered his room I quickly made up my mind on what I was going to tell him. We walked in and caught him playing Lego.  I bent down next to Max. My Aunt gave me the signal to start telling him. 

“You know how I told you Josh went to jail?” 

“Yeah, what did he do? Did he rob a bank?” Max said wide eyed with a grin plastered on his face.

“Well actually he didn’t do anything wrong,” Max seemed slightly disheartened at the fact that his cousin didn't do something too outragious like rob a band, nonetheless he continued to listen intently. My aunt smiled at me proudly so I  continued to speak.

“See there is this plant called marijuana and you smoke it and when you do it gets you high. Josh did that and came to police station to get me and the cops are dumb fucks who think Josh and I are shit disturbers ya see-”

“I think that’s enough Jennifer,” Aunt Judy interupted me and narrowed her eyes at me, guess she didn't like my story. She pulled me out of the room so we weren't in earshot with Max. “What were you thinking?”

“You told me to tell him,” I grinned, I knew I was starting to push her buttons.

“By that I meant make Josh seem good but you talked about drugs and  you sworeand talk about drugs and no swearing!”

“Oh... too late!” I turned to walk down the hall and when I went, I heard Max asking questions to my Aunt. 

“What’s being high? And why do the cops think they’re shit disturbers? Why was Jenny at the cop station and what does a plant have to do with Josh going to jail?”  I couldn’t help but laugh. I wonder how Aunt Judy would get out of this one. I figured for my safety I shouldn’t start anymore trouble for the rest of the week. 

Resisting the urge of upsetting my Aunt and skipping school was admittedly harder than I thought it was going to be, but I managed the whole week without any rulebreaking whatsoever! I was never happier when I remembered it was Friday and Michael and Stan would soon be coming to pick me up.  I threw some clothes into my backpack and waited outside for them.  I saw a car that looked like Michael’s coming down the street, when it got closer I knew it was from his from the key marks on the side of the car, it pulled into the driveway. I didn’t wait a second before I jumped in the backseat and we drove off.

“How’s the West side?” Stan asked.

“Sucks nothing but suck up snobs,” I replied.

“Make any stuck up friends?”

“Kind of but she’s not stuck up.”

“Someone from the West side not stuck up? I’d like to see that,” Michael laughed at the absurd idea.

“But she’s dating one of those guys from the restaurant."

“Well if she's dating one of those jerks then she sounds quite stuck up,” replied Michael.