Chapter 2- Leaving

I waited about twenty minutes, the police station was silent and awkward. I didn’t want to talk to any of them and it seemed that they had nowhere to be. Finally, the phone  rung broke the tension. I could hear my Aunt Judy’s professional yet irritating voice on the other end of the phone, but I couldn’t hear exactly what she was saying. The cop just nodded his head and kept saying, "We understand Mrs. Bishop." well pushing his shaggy hair back from his forehead. I could tell by the bags under his eyes that he had probably been working all day and was just tired and annoyed. The cop then got off and came over and sat with me.

“Jenny, do you have any one who can drive you to your aunts? Your Aunt doesn’t want to come because it’s getting dark.”

“Can’t you?”

“Well, I would, but I am only on patrol on the East side, not the West.” his overtired voice replied

“I guess I could call my brothers friend Michael.” I really didn’t have anyone who could drive me. When I said this the cop looked somewhat relieved. This was probably because if he didn't drive me , he would have time to go buy some donuts, or something. 

“Okay here’s the phone”

Michael was my brothers best friend who came over every day. He was practically like an older brother, but way cuter. I dialed his number and hoped he would pick up.

“Hey, what’s up?" Michael answered the phone.

“Hi, Michael, it’s Jenny, I was wondering if you could drive me to the West side.”

“Um, sure Little Malcom, are you okay?”

“Yeah just come pick me up at police station.”

“Okay. Good thing I’m having a sober night tonight eh?”

“Haha, yeah. See you soon.”

“Later”

I hung up the phone and looked at the cops. I told them that Michael was coming and gave them their phone back. Now I just had to sit there and wait for Michael. 

Thank god,Michael was having a sober night cause I wouldn’t have a ride otherwise, and he might have ended up in jail too. Nobody else around here really owns a car, or at least people who would drive me. Face it, nobody’s parents are going to come and pick a girl up at the cop station. Michael arrived, five minutes later. He practically ran in and looked around, trying to spot me. It wasn’t hard, since I was the only person sitting in the waiting area. He talked to the cops for a few minutes, then came and got me to go to the car. He walked around and opened the door for me, and then got inside. Michael wasn’t a polite person but he had to be nice to me, after all, I was “Little Malcolm’ .

It was a nickname he gave me the first day we met. He said I was a splitting image of my brother, and his nickname is Malcom. If he wasn’t nice to me Josh would find out and probably knock him out once he got out of jail. We pulled out of the parking lot.

“ Do you want to stop by your shack and pick up a few things?” Michael asked.

“Sure” I said trying to be as cool as possible. I have had the biggest crush on Michael forever. I don’t know if it's his tough attitude, piercing green eyes, or his hypnotizing lip ring. I can’t help but stare at it well he talks and plays with it.

“They really taking in Malcom?”

“Yea, I wish there was something I could do, I hope he is okay"

“Don’t worry about him, it’s not like he hasn’t been arrested before”

“But that was only for a few nights”