Chapter 6 - Mint, Anyone?

Now that I was in my second week of school, I got to know everyone in it. I wish I didn’t though. Unlike the East side where everyone just  kind of hangs out with everyone else, the West side was much more complicated.

There was Jocks, Cheerleaders, popular people who are dating Jocks and Cheerleaders, skaters, loners, nerds, dorks ( I know I thought they were the same thing but their not) 

I guess I fit in with the loners because I don’t fit in in with any group. Maddie is popular because she Is dating Mac. So she hangs out with him and Aiden. The cheerleaders and jocks rule the school. To be pacific three cheerleaders. 

People call them the clones.  Their real names are Jillene, Ashley and Sydney. They dress alike, look alike  and talk alike.  I’m surprised that Aiden isn’t dating one of them , you think if they are “so cool” they’d be dating the leader of the jocks.

Unfortunately in all the groups there is no new kid group or stoner group. I’m pretty sure if you do drugs around here you keep in on the down low. 

I walked through the school Hallways by myself.  I could feel people staring at me . It was the clones. 

“Jenny long time no see,” Sydney giggled.I just kept walking. 

“Is that anyway to greet  an old friend?” Jillene asked. Yes. I use to be friends with them. In fact if I wanted to I probably  could join them according  to my looks. I fit right in. My long blonde hair, tall slim body, nice sized breasts, my perfect smile and my blue eyes. 

Now we were way different in personality and there is no way they’d let an East sider Join. Good cause I don’t want to. 

“Wow look at what the East side has done to you, it must be hard loosing all self-respect,” Ashley said the final words and in synchronization they all walked away hitting my shoulder as they passed. Me. 

Honestly did they have nothing better to do. If I wouldn’t have moved. I would have ruled them..  As much as a tough girl image I have, I’m still a girl and felt  a little insecure walking around by my self, with everyone staring at me the loner. 

I had to escape from this feeling, the pain, it made me feel weak instead of strong. I looked up at the clock. I figured I had enough time to light up  .  before class started. I exited the back of the school and turned around the corner. I was now in a concealed place with some privacy. I slung my back off my shoulder and dug through it looking for my one hitter. 

As I kept taking on hit after another I didn’t care about the time anymore. Soon enough it was lunch time. I walked back into the school  and  into the cafeteria. I needed to feed the munchies. I no longer felt in secure and didn’t care that people staring and I d didn’t mind sitting at a table by myself. Of course nothing  goes my way. As I took some of my French fries  and put then in my mouth, a voice came from behind me. 

“Bad case of the munchies?” I recognized that arrogant voice. I turned my head in the direction of the voice, only to see Aiden.

“Ugh You, and no it’s lunch time. Normal people eat at lunch time.”

“Normal peoples eyes aren’t bloodshot” Shit I had forgotten about that and I didn’t have visine. I shrugged the thought off, I knew I wouldn’t get in trouble. 

“ Are they bad?” I turned my whole head towards him and opened my eyes as wide as I could. 

“You can see them from a mile away, and your eyes are so squinted you look like a chink.”

I rolled my bloodshot eyes at him and turned away from him. Was this guy ever not an ass?

Mac came over to see Aiden, took one look at me and said “Whoa” and then turned to Aiden. It was like he couldn’t ask me himself, he whispered “ Is she high?” Aiden nodded his head Yes. " Your going to get in trouble” he teased.