Part 10 of Falling for the Boss

Author's Note-

Finally, we have an update of Falling for the Boss... I still need to edit it, but I hope it is atleast readable! :) It is the last chapter, but in Mr. Matthew's POV, so if you can't remember what happened last time, I would recommend that you go back and read it. I think this is quite interesting, because you get to see Mr. Matthew's perspective of all of this situation in quite a lot of detail. It's quite long, over 2,000 words. I hope you enjoy it!

Harrington pushed open the door with a loud thud, and he heaved me in by my ear, the pulling force bringing a sharp pain to my ear. I still didn’t know why I was being dragged into the room. A minute earlier, Harrington had silently led me from my room to Natalie’s room, and here I was now.

I watched as Natalie rubbed her eyes sleepily. Our entranced had scared her awaked. She turned her eyes to Harrington. “What in the world are you doing here?” She asked him. Then, Harrington looked at with an unhappy frown on his brow.

“I am completely and utterly tired of this; it’s not going to go on for ANY longer. You two are going to sort out your differences or whatever is going wrong between you, and I don’t care how long it takes; you are not leaving this room until you are civil to each other,” He strongly announced, and with that, he let go of my ear after a tug, pushed me towards the bed that Natalie laid on, and slammed the door shut. There was a few rustling noises and then a pleased sound emitted from Harrington’s mouth.

I dusted a few invisible specks of dust off of my clothes before going to the closed door without looking at Natalie. “Oh, come on, old man. Stop being so childish!” I mumbled I messed with the doorknob trying to loosen it.

“It’s not going to work, Sir,” Harrington replied with a pleased tone.

“Harrington, open this door straight away, unless you want to get fired,” I barked at him harshly.

I heard a few clinks and clanks, and then Harrington stuck his head in with a content smile. “Yes, sir?”

“Let me out of this room; I don’t know if you are trying to play some little game or something, but it’s not funny. Let me out,” I said. My voice thundered, and I knew I was being very dramatic about this whole situation. There really was no reason for me to act like this, but I just didn’t want to be stuck in the presence of Natalie.

Harrington seemed unfazed by my strong tone. “No. I’m sorry, Sir, but you and Natalie need to sort this out,” He responded calmly.

“There is nothing to sort out, Harrington! Now, let me out, or I will fire you!” I said reluctantly.  I knew that I wouldn’t sack Harrington. He was almost like a father that I never had. My father was never the fatherly type. He was the man that cared more about his work than his own family. It was a rare occasion in my childhood if I got to see him.  

“Look, Mr. Matthews, I am tired of your attitude! I do not care one tiny bit that you are my boss, and you can fire me at any moment. Go ahead, if you must. I care about you and this young lady right here too much to see this happen. Now, go sit on that bed right now and talk to Natalie. Stop your whiney and cowardly attitude; it’s not favourable,” He boomed. I had never heard him like that, so angry, so mad. “What are you doing just staring at me, sir? Go fix this!” He closed the door with a final slam, and there was a silence.

I stood unmoving for about 2 minutes, thinking of a plan. I thought of one, and I began to back up to the wall directly behind the door. I knew that what I was about to do was very childish, but I couldn’t stand to be in the same room as Natalie. Her scent was already overpowering my senses. I tensed my muscles before releasing them and sprinting towards the door in front of me. When I was almost there, I rotated to my side, so that the blow went to my shoulder rather than my face. I crashed into the door, but nothing happened. It didn’t even budge. I backed up and repeated the process several times only to get the same ending again.