Part 8 of Falling For The Boss

Author’s Note:

So, as I’m writing this it’s April 18th, but as you know, I don’t have internet, so this won’t be posted till at the earliest, May 6th. Ahhh, that makes me mad! Anyways, I hope you guys haven’t given up on me! I really hope you enjoy this chapter, and I’m trying to make it at least 2,000 words… Wish me luck! J

Hey guys! Now, it’s 5/9/2011, and I’m uploading, but sadly, it didn’t reach 2,000 words… Oh well! I have the next chapter ready, so hopefully, it will be up soon too! Enjoy…

For the last 3 days, I had a routine, a routine to avoid Mr. Matthews in every way possible, and I knew that he was doing the same thing for me. Really, I wasn’t exactly sure why we were avoiding each other, but I merely knew that we were. When I was cleaning, Mr. Matthews was cooped up in his room. When he was eating, I was in his room cleaning it since I couldn’t clean it when he was in it. I knew his routine from day to day, so the act of avoiding him was easy, but I didn’t like to do it; I missed him.

After Chloe not answering my phone call, I basically broke down. She was the stable one out of my two best friends, and she wasn’t there when all I needed was her advice. I had fallen asleep that night with tears falling down my face; it felt so clichéd, but I was just extremely overwhelmed with various emotions. The next day, I had woke up around 4 AM and cleaned the entire house till it was spotless; then, I went back to bed before Harrington or Mr. Matthews had even woke up. I got up again at around 11 that night and did a quick clean to tidy things up before going back and burrowing into the pile of covers on top of my bed.

The next day, I decided that I was tired of being so pitiful. I got up the next morning and went down the stairs; I was going to confront him. The kitchen door opened with a squeak, and Mr. Matthews looked up from his cereal. When he was it was me, he set his bowl down and went out the other door, through the dining room, and up the stairs. That was when it became final; he was avoiding me, and I would avoid him.

The routine formed, and it was done robotically. Harrington would frown every so often when he saw me, but I didn’t bother to question it. I hadn’t ran into Mr. Matthews, and I didn’t plan to. The last time I saw him was in the kitchen with his cereal. I occasionally heard his door shut and open, but that was the only sign of him still in the house. The house was filled with an uncomfortable silence that seemed like it would remain forever. I finally got tired of it and left the house.

I drove aimlessly for around an hour, until I turned up on my mother’s doorstep. I turned off the car and entered the house without any knock. I silently walked into the living room where my mother was on the couch reading a magazine. I sat down on the couch next to her and cuddled in; she asked no questions, but she did say, “Everything will be alright.” Even though she had no idea what was wrong, it still comforted me. She was my rock, always there for me whatever the circumstance was. After hours and hours of good girl time, watching chick flicks, eating takeout food, and painting our nails, I left to go back to Mr. Matthews’ house. Mum told me to stay, so that we could continue our girl night, but I knew that I would have to go back.  I still had a job to do, even if I wasn’t talking to the boss.

I arrived back at the house around 11, and Harrington was still up. He tutted at me and muttered something under his breath, and I raised my eyebrows at him, but he said no more. He had been acting strange for the last few days towards me, and I didn’t know why. I grabbed the cleaning supplies from the wardrobe and began to clean the kitchen; ignoring his harsh gaze, I swept the floors. When I was done with the kitchen, I had to force myself not to jump with joy; I could go to a new room which meant leaving Harrington’s tutting, muttering, and staring.