Part 9 of Falling for the Boss

Author’s Note:

Hey guys! I’m writing this on April 18th and 19th, but you guys won’t get to read this until May, which  makes me sad! L It’s okay though; you will get it soon enough!

Everybody- it’s not 16-05-2011, and I’m uploading! I really hope you enjoy this, because it took quite a bit of thinking. Next chapter will be from Mr. Matthews’ POV as requested by “mochachoca93”.  I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and now, I’ll let you get on with it!

A loud thud from the door hitting the wall awoke me straight away. I looked around to see what had happened, and  I saw Mr. Matthews being dragged by his ear into my room by Harrington. I looked at Harrington questioningly and asked, “What in the world are you doing?” He looked at me with his forehead severally creased with a frown.

“I am completely and utterly tired of this; it’s not going to go on for ANY longer. You two are going to sort out your differences or whatever is going wrong between you, and I don’t care how long it takes; you are not leaving this room until you are civil to each other,” He strongly announced, and with that, he let go of Mr. Matthews ear, gave him a shove towards me, and slammed the door shut. There was a few rustling noises and then a pleased sound emitted from Harrington’s mouth.

Mr. Matthews brushed himself off and went to the door, but the knob wouldn’t turn. “Oh, come on, old man. Stop being so childish!” He muttered as he fiddled with the doorknob trying to loosen it.

“It’s not going to work, Sir,” Harrington replied with a pleased tone.

“Harrington, open this door straight away, unless you want to get fired,” Mr. Matthews commanded.

I heard a few clinks and clanks, and then Harrington popped his head in. “Yes, sir?”

“Let me out of this room; I don’t know if you are trying to play some little game or something, but it’s not funny. Let me out.” His tone was serious and almost frightening.

Harrington seemed unfazed by his tone. “No. I’m sorry, Sir, but you and Natalie need to sort this out,” He responded calmly.

“There is nothing to sort out, Harrington! Now, let me out, or I will fire you!” His voice sounded tired and weary. I knew he would never fire Harrington; they were like family.

“Look, Mr. Matthews, I am tired of your attitude! I do not care one tiny bit that you are my boss, and you can fire me at any moment. Go ahead, if you must. I care about you and this young lady right here too much to see this happen. Now, go sit on that bed right now and talk to Natalie. Stop your whiney and cowardly attitude; it’s not favourable.” I gaped at Harrington. His voice roared through the silence and continued to get louder. “What are you doing just staring at me, sir? Go!” He closed the door with a final slam, and there was silence.

I looked around for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. Mr. Matthews just stood there for a few minutes, before backing up to the opposite wall from the door. I looked over at him, trying to figure out what he was doing; then, he starts sprinting towards the door, turning to the side, and throwing himself onto the door. I watched him do it a few more times, before Harrington sighed. “What are you doing,” He asked, sounding astounded from the other side of the door.

“If you won’t let me out, I’ll get out myself,” Mr. Matthews growled.

He made a few more attempts, before I finally spoke up. “Is it that bad being in a room with me,” I asked, looking down. His frustrated expression softened, and he shook his head. “Well, if it isn’t, then why do you make up an excuse and leave the room as soon as you see me in your vicinity,” I questioned.