Time of Death

"This a bad idea." I repeated for what seemed to be the hundredth time as I crossed my arms over my chest with a huff but everyone in the room seemed to ignore me.

When I arrived home that afternoon from lunch with Derek, Scott and Stiles cornered me by the stairs and practically demanded that I get my laptop before joining them in the kitchen. I was too confused and curious to both arguing with them but I regretted that decision the moment they explained their plan to me.

Stiles and Scott stood at opposite ends of the kitchen table while Liam stood next to me on one side and Kira stood directly across from me on the other. Three of our laptops were set up on the table in front of us and I shook my head slightly as I pursed my lips in annoyance.

"Is three enough?" Kira asked nervously as she shifted on her feet with an uneasy expression and I was glad I wasn't the only one who wasn't completely on board with this plan.

"Depends on how many cameras they have. But I think so." Stiles told her with a firm nod of his head as he rubbed his chin thoughtfully and I rolled my eyes at how unprepared we were for this plan.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asked unsurely as he crossed his arms over his chest and glanced around the table at all of us with a questioning expression.

"No." I answered firmly in unison with Scott, who responded with an equally determined, "We're doing it."

I glared at my brother in defiance with a scowl etched on my lips but he just met my gaze with an unwavering stare of resolve before adding in a pointed voice, "Tonight."

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asked sceptically with a raised eyebrow and I nodded rapidly in affirmation as I bit the inside of my cheek.

"It's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic." Stiles amended casually as though it was the most natural occurrence for us to be planning something so incredibly dangerous and completely idiotic.

"Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?"

"I think it's a 'yes' to both." Kira informed him with a small nod of her head as she bounced on her toes and Liam made an indistinct noise of understanding, but his chemo signals exuded nervousness.

"It's a definite 'yes' to both." I muttered bitterly with a roll of my eyes and Stiles 'hmmphed' loudly in protest as he gave me a slightly offended look. I offered him a tight smile that didn't even begin to look sincere and he childishly stuck his tongue out at me as he leaned his hands on the table surface.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." Scott told the youngest member of the pack in a sympathetic voice and my expression instantly softened as I turned my attention to the Beta next to me.

"I'm not scared." Liam protested instantly in a sharp voice as his eyebrows furrowed and I placed a hand on his bicep as I offered him a small smile. I couldn't help feeling proud that he was actively placing himself in danger for the protection of strangers.

"Then you're borderline idiotic." Stiles told him cheerfully as he clapped the younger boy on the shoulder with a smile and Liam grinned slightly as he ducked his head. The lightened mood shifted back as the seriousness of the situation settled around us and Stiles released a sigh as he put his hands back on the table. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" I asked them in a demanding tone with my eyebrows raised as I looked between my brother's and Kira nodded demurely in agreement as she looked at her boyfriend for an answer.