Werewolf 101

"I don't understand why I have to do it." I complained with a pout on my lips as I followed Scott deeper into the woods and he glanced over his shoulder at me with an amused smirk on his lips but didn't slow down. "You're the Alpha, you know. This should be your responsibility."

"And you're my second-in-command. I'm delegating." Scott explained to me with a chuckle and I rolled my eyes at him as I mouthed the words mocking at his back. "Besides, you're the best person for the job. And, as a good Alpha, I'm using the best resource at my disposal."

"I'm not sure if that was a compliment or an insult."

"Whatever gets you to do it."

I glared at his back in annoyance as he entered a clearing in the middle of the woods and I shook my head as I hurried to catch up to him. Taking a stroll through the woods with my brother wasn't what I wanted to be doing that weekend but Scott had practically dragged me out of the house that morning without an explanation. It wasn't until he had driven most of the way to the preserve that he had announced that I had been promoted to Beta trainer. Essentially, he wanted me to teach Liam all he needed to know about being a werewolf.

"Liam, hey. You made it." Scott greeted the younger boy with a grin as he came to a stop in the middle of the clearing and the freshman turned around to face us with a nervous smile.

"Hey. So, I'm ready. What's first?" Liam asked eagerly as he bounced on his toes with excitement burning in his blue eyes and I quirked an eyebrow at him before giving my brother a pointed look.

"First, I want to properly introduce you to my sister. Liam, this is Sophie. She's a special kind of werewolf. And she knows just about everything." My brother introduced me proudly as he threw an arm around my shoulders with a grin and I blushed at the compliment with a small smile pulling at my lips.

"It's nice to meet you, Liam." I greeted the Beta with a wave of my hand and he returned the gesture with a blush on his cheeks as his drifted down to my bare mid-drift. I raised an eyebrow at him as his heartrate accelerated and I hated that Scott had caught me at an end of a run so that I was only wearing a sport bra and tights.

"Sophie is going to teach you everything you need to know about being a werewolf. She's helped train four other people when they turned so she's kind of expert. She's also a black belt, trained in every weapon imaginable and hand-to-hand combat. Speaks six languages and knows sign language. And has been studying the supernatural for eight years. Sophie is the best person to learn off of. So, I'm going to leave you in her very capable, if slightly sullied, hands."

"And that such a nice introduction, until the very end."

"You'll get over it." He joked with a smirk as he patted me on the shoulder and I scowled at him as he waved goodbye in Liam's direction before disappearing into the tree line. I stared at the trees where he disappeared for a moment as I tried to think about how to start and I turned around face the younger boy with a small smile.

"So... To be honest, I don't normally do this on my own. I have a partner." I admitted hesitantly as I clasped my hands in front of me and I walked forward until I was standing in front of him.

"Where is your partner?" Liam asked in confusion with a frown as he crossed his arms over his chest and I thought about where Derek could be but I didn't know for sure because I hadn't spoken to him.

"I have no idea. Probably doing something dangerously stupid. He has a knack for that." I told him drily with a roll of my eyes but a small smile spread across my lips and I quickly shook my head before I could get distracted from the task at hand. "So, let's start with a little Q and A session. Any questions for me?"