Part 3: Hangover

Souls pov

when we were done at the beach kidd, Liz, patty, and tsubaki went home. Black star challenged me to a drinking competition. Tsubaki wasn't in to it so she went home. Maka probably would have gone home too, but I was her ride home, even though we lived together. When maka black star and I got there, me and black star immediately started drinking. Maka wasn't amused, but still had a drink. she got drunk easily. I won the challenge of course. Black star didn't take it to well. Tsubaki had to pick him up and take him home. While I had to take me and maka home. I was buzzed while maka was drunk. Drunk to the point she was speaking non sense.

when I walked into our apartment I could see the uneaten breakfast left on the table. I didn't even have time to eat because of Blair. I was holding maka bridal style while she played with my cheeks and smashed them together. She was saying something but I could only make out a few words like, red or shark teeth or something that sounded like best friends.

when I walked into her room to lay her down on her bed maka said

"I can't sleep in these clothes!" I looked at her and sighed then she pinched my cheeks, "silly goose!".

"ok maka can I trust you to put your clothes on yourself?"

I said with a sharp tooth smile.

"hehe... Nope" she said with a soft smile.

"ok maka ill be just outside the door you should get dressed."

I sighed as I walk out the door and lean on the outside wall. I hear her trip but catch herself on what sounded like her dresser. It was a couple minutes until she was dressed fully. Then tumbled out into the hallway, as I caught her she smiled and said,

"ok I'm dressed. Can you tuck me in?!".

"maka you know that isn't cool right? Isn't your dad supposed to do that?" I asked. When I looked at her she frowned.

"ok lets go." I gave up and went to tuck her in. She sat down and then smiled at me and got under the covers. As I was about to tuck her in she asked, she told me something that really surprised me.

"he soul can I tell you a secret?" Maka got closer to my ear and whispered, "I love your crimson eyes, and I love it when you take your shirt off." Then flopped back down. I looked into her beautiful emerald green eyes and just melted. I wanted to kiss her right then and there but I can't promise that it wont end badly. I just shook my head and smiled.

"your drunk ma-"

I started.

"haha I'm serious!"

she interrupted.

"whatever maka you wont remember this in the morning so" I kissed her on the forehead. " goonight... Maka".

maka closes her eyes and falls asleep fast. I go into my own room to go to bed myself but couldn't. What if she does remember in the morning?! What would she think of me? Nah she was to drunk. I finally fall asleep thinking about maka. And how I love her but can't tell her. Not now not yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

maka pov

I wake up and lay there without moving and just for that split second before I sit up I dont feel pain. Then boom! Migraine. It hurts really bad! I feel like crying but hold back the tears. Do I have school today? No today is Sunday. What happe- how did I get here? I can't remember anything after black star getting picked up by tsubaki after losing to soul. I bet soul took me home. He is a pretty cool partner. And it would be even better if he was mine. But he can't feel the same.

I get up to walk out of my room to get some pain relievers but I lose my balance and fall. Soul comes running in with a worried look on his face. "I'm fine soul just... A-a migraine that all.". I stand up and he catches me. I put most of my weight on him. And he basically drags me to the living room. And sets me down on the couch.

"do you need anything besides pain medication?" Soul asks with empathy.

"yes please um... Can you make me something to eat please? Thank you." I answered

"ha already done. Now what kind of cool partner would I be if I didn't make you and breakfast? So hows the hangover?" Souls asks with a sharp tooth smile when he hands me some pills and breakfast.

"oh shut up."

I hissed.

"not as bad as the last ones huh?" He chuckled.

"no. But still hurts" I answer back.

"well if you need anything I'm here for you". He smiles.

"well could you tell me about last night?"

I ask with a smirk. Trying to see if there is anything he doesn't want me to know and if there is I would see some clues. I'll try to trick him to think I know.

soul pov

does she know!? Oh god I hope she doesn't! She can't know can she.play it cool. "nothing really I just took you home and put you to bed. That's it". I lied. I couldn't have her know what happened.

"you sure because I'm pretty sure something else happened" she said with a smirk "I know".

"you know what? Nothing happened. Dont be crazy. You are a Liar. I can tell I know my partner." I say with my sharp tooth smile.

"your right, I was just making sure." She laughs. Ha that was close I'm glad she doesn't know. But what I'm curious about is if what she said was true... About my eyes and when I take my shirt off. Should I ask her... Maybe.

"but you want to know what you said to me?" I look up towards her scared face. Why is she scared? "you told me you like my crimson eyes and you liked or no loved when I took my shirt off." I smirk as I look into her eyes.

"o-oh". Maka struggles to say.

"well? Is it true?" I ask curious.

"um" she hesitates

does she, like me?