Love, Elvis: Chapter 9

Love, Elvis: Chapter 9

            Elvis had driven to some benfit concert and I stayed at graceland with Joe. We sat on the couch and talked when he asks, " you stayed another night. In Elvis's room though.." He says as he squints at me. I look quickly at him and answer, " ...yes. How did you know I stayed in Elvis' room?" He looked down and answered, " It was about 11:00PM and you guys weren't downstairs so I got worried. Elvis never goes to bed that early...So...I walked upstairs and checked his room and-" I groaned, " Joe!" " What?! I left right away...I didn't watch or anything sheesh..." I sighed , " You really love him, don't you?" He asked tenderly. I looked at him and smiled, " I do" and he laughed gently and scratched his head, " Well come with me. Let's watch Elvis perform."

We got there when they were announcing his name, " LADIES AND GENTLEMAN!" The speaker shouted, " THE ELVIS PRESLEY!" Applause and screaming shattered my ears. Me and Joe walked backstage and just barely missed Elvis. He had already run on stage when we got there. " How are y'all doin' this evenin'?!" He shouted making the crowd go crazy, some women were crying. " The first song I'd like to sing is one of my favorites...It's about...last night.." The crowd went crazy. Joe looked at me and said, " What's he doin'? that's not his starting song..." I shrugged my shoulders aand watched Elvis whisper into the bands ears. I glanced over and must've noticed me because he smiled and blew a kiss. Then the band began and he started shakin' his hips, " It was a night oo-oo what a night It was it really was such a night The moon was bright oh how so bright It was it really was such a night The night was alight with stars above Oo-oo when she kissed me I had to fall in love Oh it was a kiss oo-oo what a kiss It was it really was such a kiss Oh how she could kiss oh what a kiss It was it really was such a kiss Just the thought of her lips Sets me afire I reminisce and Im filled with desire" He jumped forward and danced around, "But Id gave my heart to her in sweet surrender How well I remember, Ill always remember Oh, what a night oo-oo what a night It was it really was such a night Came the dawn and my heart and her love And the night was gone But Ill never forget the kiss The kiss in the moonlight
Oo-oo such a kiss, such a night It was a night oo-oo what a night It was it really was such a night Came the dawn and my heart and her love And the night was gone
But Ill never forget the kiss The kiss in the moonlight How well I remember, Ill always remember That night oo-oo what a night It was it really was such a night When we kissed I had to fall in love But Id gave my heart to her in sweet surrender How well I remember, Ill always remember Oh that night oo-oo what a night It was it really was such a night When we kissed I had to fall in love Well she's gone, gone, gone Yes she's gone, gone, gone Came the dawn, dawn, dawn And my love was gone But before that dawn Yes before that dawn and before that dawn Oo-oo, oo-oo, oo-oo, oo-oo, oo-oo Such a night" The crowd went crazy, screaming, crying, and applause shook the stage.

Elvis ran backstage. He took me by the hip and kissed my lips softly, but long and gentle. He hugged me, whispered, " Love you, D" and ran back on stage and sang, Surrender, Are you lonesome tonight?, Jailhouse Rock, All Shook up, and Treat Me Nice. After every song he came over and kissed me.

We drove back in Elvis' cadillac. Elvis drove, Joe was in the middle backseat and I was in the passenger seat. We all stared out the window except Joe who kept staring at Elvis and me, " What is it joe?" Elvis said sounding irritated and staring back at joe. Joe was biting his bottom lip with his left eyebrow raised, " What?!" Elvis said laughing, " Nooooothin'..." Joe said poking me making me giggle, " your in on this too huh, huuuuhh?" Elvis said laughing and poking my shoulder making me laugh and say, " Stoooooop, I dunno what he's talking about hahaha Elvis!" Elvis rolled down the windows of the car and held out his hands and yelled, " WOOOO hahaha!" He flipped on the radio and one of his songs, Jailhouse Rock, was playing, " Hey I know this song!" He said laughing sarcastically and sang along, " Ahhh, its over. Don't ya just hate when that happens?" He said laughing. " All the latest songs! Time for a commercial break!" said the announcer making Elvis groan and flip off the radio.

We arrived at Graceland about an hour later. While we were out, we grabbed some Lunch at some burger joint. Joe ran in for us. We all left the car, Joe went to the guards at the gate and pushed away some of the girls who were trying to hop over the fence. Elvis and I ran inside up to his room and played 2 games of monopoly for about 2 hours. When we finished it was almost 8 o'clock. " I had your pajamas cleaned. They're laying on my bed, over there." He said pointing. I looked over and it was just my gown, but no robe, " Uh, where's the robe?" I asked. He smiled and said, " I figured you wouldn't need that tonight" After he said that he sucked in air and his eyes got large, " Err..I didn't mean..I mean't it gets really hot in here at night. If you want it, it's in my bathroom." I laughed and smiled at him. Sounds like, to him, that I'm sleeping in here again tonight.

Elvis stood up and told me he was changing into his pajamas. I decided I should do the same, " By the way, babe, the guest bathroom door's all messed up. You can just change in here. I'll be gettin' ready in my bathroom" I sighed and said thanks. I waited until he closed the bathroom door and took off the tight dress and heels. I took off my bra and slipped on the very small lacy gown. I looked down and saw my underwear from under the dress hanging out. I sighed, thought about it for a second and decided to take them off. When they were about to my thighs I heard a knock and Elvis had walked in from the bathroom, " Oh! Oh um.." and he ran back into the bathroom. I heard deep, embarresed laughter escape from the bathroom. I took my under garments and cloths and put them on a dresser I saw ( I hid my undergarments inside the dress). There was another knock from the bathroom and I yelled, " I'm done!" and he peeked from the door and walked in. He walked over in his underwear and a t-shirt, and hugged my waist kissing my lips gently, " Soo.." He said, " No underwear?" He laughed and I smacked his arm playfully, " They looked horrible with this little thing!" I said and he laughed and said sarcastically, " Ya I'm sure thats why" making me smack him again. We laughed and kissed for a bit.

We were sitting on the bed kissing heavily when there was a knock at the door, elvis ran over to the bathroom and put on his robe. I walked over to the door with him and held his arm. He answered the door and it was Joe he smiled then quit when he saw me and how red Elvis' face was, " What is it, Joe?" Elvis said, " Is this a bad time-" " No your fine we were...just playn' monopoly" Elvis answered quickly and pointed at the board game we had been playing earlier. Joe raised an eyebrow at me and sighed, " Whatever, anyways Elvis, Kevin wants you and-" " I'll be down in a bit" Elvis said quickly, but sounding a little more come then before. Joe raised an eyebrow once more and left. Elvis closed the door and turned towards me, " Sorry...Joe doesn't know about us and.." I looked at him smiling and it cut him off, " What are you smiling at?" He said laughing. We laughed and I grabbed his waist and kissed him. He broke away, kissed me once more and left.