Love, Elvis: Chapter 2

He stood up and hugged many of the girls except a girl, about 25 or so sitting by herself in the corner on the chair. He smiled, walked over and sat on the arm of the chair, " Hello" she said looking at him, then looking away without smiling. " and what's your name?" he asked her. She answered staring at him, almost as if she was annoyed, " What do you need to know for, huh?" he stopped smiling and looked at me questioningly. I shrugged my shoulders and he did the same. He looked back at her and put his head on her shoulder, " Can't you just tell me, baby?" She stopped frowning and almost smiled, " Barbara." then she looked away and he smiled, " Hi Barbara. I'm Elvis, would you like a drink?" " Psh, I know who you are. I'm not stupid!"She interuppted, making the room go silent. Everyone was staring at the two. She rolled her eyes and stood up, Elvis grabbed her waist and pulled her to his lap, " come on now, you can't leave..." He whispered hugging her close " and why not!?" she almost shouted, making Elvis flinch. She jumped up and he sighed. He stood up and sent her a sweet, innocent smile, taking her hand. She looked into his eyes and he kissed her cheek. She smiled, hugged him and stood up, " It's late. I really must go... I didn't mean to snap... It's just the past weeks been rough. My friend forced me to come with her... Sorry, goodbye. Let's go, Elsie" Barbara said grabbing a young womans arm that was staring at Elvis in shock," Come back soon, ladies" Elvis said winking at them as they walked out the door.

" Everyone probably should go...it's getting late. Did you all grab a beer?" Joe asked. He made sure everyone had a drink then opened the door, making sure every person left except me, him and Elvis. " That was interesting wasn't it? Hahaha, I wonder if I'll end up seeing that Barbara girl again" Elvis said laughing. He stood up, grabbed his guitar and sat by me. Joe closed the door and sat by Elvis. " I'm just glad everyone left happy. I hate it when people aren't completely satisfied...Hey D, would you like to sleep in my guest room tonight? It's always nice waking up to someone in the morning" Elvis said smiling. I thought about it for a while. I had no family yet, I had no house to go to and nothing to look forward to so why not? I needed some excitement in my life, " Of course I will, Elvis" I said " are you two ready to go to bed then? I can show D her room" Joe said holding out his hand, " Now you need to get your sleep. I can show her the room and you go get your rest. Sleep well Joe." Elvis said. " Alright. I guess that's fine...If you need anything just get me." Joe said glaring at Elvis with an eyebrow raised. They said their goodnights and Joe left.

Elvis walked over to me with his hands in his robe pockets and a smile on his face. He sat next to me, " How about I show you your room? I'm sure your tired" He said. I yawned, "Sure" I answered as patted my head. He walked me upstairs to a room a few doors down the hall, walking in front of me with his hands still in his pockets. When we got to the room we sat on the bed. He held his hands between mine and turned his body towards me, "Diane... Your beautiful" He said looking down at his fingers. I smiled, unsure of what to say. I enlaced his rough fingers between mine, " Your hands are soft...So little too..." He said quietly, " Got a problem with little hands?" I whispered making him laugh, " Goodnight, darling" He said as he started to leave, closing the door behind him and shutting the light off. I covered myself in blankets and stared up at blackness. What am I doing here? I'm sleeping at a strangers house...I guess he isn't really a stranger though. He's Elvis. THE Elvis....Actually if it weren't for him I'd probably be asleep in my car right now. I mean, what's the worst he could do? Kill me? Oh great. Now I'm thinking of Elvis walking me up to the hill and shooting me in the back. What a lovely bedtime story. Anyways... I don't have a home either, and my parents live in northern Missouri so I don't have a place to stay and- just then the door creaked open and a man stood at the door, " Are you awake D? I can't sleep...." Elvis said making me jump.