The Bet *Stalker

Happy Reading! :)

Chapter 23 *Stalker*

~Drake

The bad thing about loving someone is no matter how angry you are at the person, the moment you see her, all the anger will be gone and will be replaced by your love for that person. It’s like you’re never even mad at the first place

I close my copy of Accidentally in Love and put it on the bed beside me. I saw this book on Pie’s desk when I went to her room to say good night but found her sleeping instead. I didn’t mean to pry on her things. I swear I didn’t! I just saw this novel because it was on the top. I decided then that I’ll buy it so that we can have something to talk about. So far, I like it. I’m glad it’s changing on person’s point of view so that the readers can know what the other characters are thinking.

I smile to myself as I wonder: What will it be like to be a fictional character?

They don’t have a choice. Because they do what the author writes about them. Suddenly, I feel sad for them. I don’t know why. What will happen if all the fictional characters from the books will come true to life? That means all kinds of creatures will live in Earth. Why am I even thinking these kinds of things? They are all—

Ring! Ring! Ring!

That’s my alarm clock. That means it’s time to get ready for school. For once, I didn’t need its help to wake me. Maybe adrenaline is still running through my veins because of the nightmare I dreamed last night. I wonder why I always get bad dreams.

After texting Pie last night, I directly fell asleep only to dream that I was a sunflower, and a zombie ate me. I shudder involuntarily. Such a creepy nightmare! I won’t play Plants vs. Zombies again!

-----

There’s something weird about Andre. And that's saying something.

The way he talk and act is unusual.

Perhaps something happened to him yesterday because the day before that, he was normal. I asked him a while ago but he just shrugged.

Something’s going on with him but he doesn’t want to share it with me.

Maybe it’s about a girl because he’s only being secretive when it comes to the opposite gender.

-----

“Are you sure you aren’t going to date Sophia?” Jake asks.

“Why?” I ask him furiously.

“I’m just curious,” he says, leaning to my locker.

“Excuse me,” I mutter, shutting my locker with a bang.

 It’s lunch time. Before I go to the cafeteria, I walk to my locker first and put my things inside it. And then I grab all the books I need for my next class.

I don’t know why Jake is bothering me with this question. It’s not as if I can stop him from dating Sophia. But I have to! Because I’m the one who’s supposed to date her, not him! Everything will fall apart if she likes another guy.

Competition is good for the heart.

It’s not.

Why, are you afraid she won’t choose you?

I am not!

“Hello,” Jake says, waving his hand in front of my face, “Earth to Drake.”

“Cut it out,” I snap, glowering at him.