Airplanes (rei x reader)

"Last call for Ryugazaki, party of two! Flight 36B for departure." The intercom stated. You took in a shaky breath and turned toward your husband, Rei. His thumb and pointer finger extended out to adjust his glasses once more before giving you a small, reassuring smile.

"It's okay, (y/n). Come on." He takes your hand in his and drags his luggage in the other. As you headed towards the obviously tired flight attendee, the wheels on your suitcase bumped on ridges in the blue tinted carpet.

Upon entering the boarding tunnel, it seemed as though the walls were closing in and getting longer as you took steps. Your husband never let go of your right hand as you walked through the seemingly never ending tunnel.

You swallowed hard as you saw the entrance to the plane. You've had a terrible fear of flying ever since the age of 12 when horrible turbulence had hit the plane and nearly threw it off course. You never really flew since then, thus preventing you from overcoming your fear. It didn't really help when a boy in junior high dared you to watch scary movies involving planes. But since Rei's new teaching job leads to America, you had no choice.

The two of you boarded quickly and took your designated seats in time for the pilot to sound on the intercom, redirecting your attention to the flight attendees. You sat through the safety demonstrations with nerves exploding inside your chest and stomach. After buckling your seatbelt, you reached a shaky hand out to grab Rei's, and met with fingers entwining with yours. Your body relaxed a fraction knowing that he was right next to you. You laid your head on his shoulder and waited unnervingly for the plane to begin flying.

[• • •]

Around two hours later, you were playing with the marriage ring on your hand, as it was a nervous habit. Rei smiled and looked down at you with kind but wary eyes. He seemed worried.

"You good?" He asked, releasing the tense in my system. His voice was so calm and smooth. You looked into his violet eyes.

"I've been bet-" You were cut off by turbulence. While it was minor, your breathing caught and became shorter with every breath you took in. It felt as though the insides of your chest were being squeezed and your panicking began. Rei's face washed over with panic seeing your condition.

"Hey hey hey.. Shh it's okay." He cupped your face in his, putting his forehead to yours, not taking eye contact away from yours. You tried to breathe, but it was becoming really hard. Rei's thumbs brushed across your cheeks, and you brought your hands up to his and placed them gently on his wrists. He never looked away from you.

Your breathing got slightly better as his hands warmed your cheeks. You were able to give a slight smile after a few moments. Once you were able to speak you pulled his hands away and muttered a quiet, "I'm tired." And set your head against his shoulder. You wrapped your hands around his right arm as you shut your eyes. You weren't able to fall asleep, due to the nerves already bouncing in your system.

"You know that I love you, right? And I wanted the best for you. If you didn't want to fly, I'd immediately turn the offer down." He said in your ear. You smiled.

"It's a little late for that." You said after a moment earning a short laugh from him. He readjusted his glasses again. You loved his weird way of messing with his glasses. It was one of his many ticks that you absolutely fell for.

"I'm serious though. If this ever comes up again, tell me if you want to or not and I will follow, I swear I will." He vowed. You looked down at the both of your rings.

"I'm sure that as long as you're right by my side, I'll be fine." You said, planting a kiss on his ring finger.

Small jolts of turbulence hit here and there, causing you to slightly squeeze Rei's arm. He lowered his head and planted a kiss on the side of your head.

You were finally able to sleep, as was he after reassuring himself that you were actually asleep. He planted one more kiss on your head and tilted his head towards the window and soon fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------
Oh my god okay one, I'm a butt. Two, I'm a huge butt. I have not writting shit this entire time and I feel awful. School is an asskick. I've also given up anime cold turkey? It was fairly easy.

Bad news is I'm super obsessed with Doctor Who now holy shit. David Tennant is literally the only thing on my mind 24/7 and I'm not sorry to say it either?? I have issues.

Anyway, my phone broke so for 4 weeks I was without my precious phone and when I got it back I found that I had 900+ unreaded emails?????? holy fuck????? i can't stand to have just 10 unread emails so this is insane oh my god. 242k+ reads and a shit load of comments holy fuck. This hasn't even been continued and I've still got shit loads of recent votes and comments thank you so much!!! I really do love all of you. And I really appreciate this! Hopefully I'll write more but I'm not making any promises because fuck this shit is too much for me to keep up with along with grades and stuffs. I can try though. And that's what counts.. right?

- rice