Wait, what? (haru x reader x makoto)

A/N: woo, I guess. This is pretty shitty, uhg I need to improve.

Requested by @ellbethxoxo I hope this is what you meant ;-; sorry about the bad writing.

"Oi, (y/n). We have to get to school." Haru called out, knocking on your door. You two had been dating for about four months and you were happy.

"Okay! I'll be out in a minute." You replied, grabbing your bag and slipping your shoes on over your socks. You opened the door to see your boyfriend, and his best friend, Makoto.

You smiled and greeted them, joining them on the walk to school. Makoto was really sweet and was always the one to talk to you, while Haru stared at the ocean. You never knew what he was thinking.

*time skip brought to you by pool-chan*

The bell rang through the classroom, signaling everyone to leave the room to go home.

During class you noticed Makoto looking at you from time to time, making you and him blush and look away. You kept glancing at Haru but he wasn't paying attention, as always.

"Ready?" Makoto asked the both of you, holding up his lunch. You nodded and smiled, rather sadly. He tapped your shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked. You nodded and waited for Haru to pass by you. They were walking in front of you until you clenched your hand and shakily brought it up to Haru's uniform.

"C-Can I talk to you privately?" You asked, quietly. He nodded and sent Makoto ahead, leaving you and him alone in the classroom.

You put your hands behind your back to hide the shaking. You looked up at him and found the words to say, but they were caught in your throat.

"Do.. Do you like me?" You managed to ask. His eyes filled with a look of guilt.

"Of course. We're dating aren't we?" He said casually. You shook your head.

"You.. Never look at me. You're always looking somewhere else. We don't talk anymore and you barely acknowledge me.." You said, building up courage to ask the big question. "Look me in the eyes." You said.

He looked at you, with his usual stoic expression. Your hands were shaking even more.

"Do you honestly love me?" You asked, looking him dead in the eyes. He stood there for a moment without moving his sight. You began to grow hope, just when he averted his gaze to the side, letting out a sigh.

"Oh my god.." You gasped, feeling a lump grow in your throat, tears filling up in your eyes. You walked past him, letting tears fall down your cheeks as you wiped them away simultaneously.

You crashed through the door, only to run into Makoto, who'd been there the whole time. He caught you by the arm and pulled you up against his chest.

"Hey.. Don't cry.." Was all he could think to say as you sobbed into his shirt, saying things like 'how could he' and 'I loved you'.

He let you cry for a few more minutes before you finally calmed down. Your face was a mess so Makoto walked you over to a water fountain in the hallway, watching you as you splashed cold water onto your face.

You stood there, leaning against the water fountain. Tears stung your eyes.

"It's all my fault. I'm so stupid. How could I keep thinking that he liked me? How could I force him to stay when he wasn't happy? I'm stupid.." You said, causing Makoto to pull you against him again.

"Don't cry." He said, as you gently push back, looking up at him. He smiled sadly down at you, his eyes full of sincerity. You stood like that for what seemed like forever until he leaned in.

You didn't know what to do so you froze in his arms. His lips touched yours as you closed your eyes. It didn't feel right.

You pulled away, looking to the side. He let out a small sigh and let go of you. Your eyes focused on the floor.

"I'm sorry.. It just.. I can't." You said. He nodded.

"I know.. I shouldn't have done that." He said, causing you to look at him.

"You knew didn't you..?" You asked, catching him off guard. "You knew he didn't like me.."

"He wanted to tell you." He said, causing you to feel a twinge of guilt. Your eyes had gone blank as you stared off at the wall.

"I thought he liked me. Who does he like, then?" You asked. Makoto looked at you with hesitant eyes before answering.

"Rin..." He said. You blinked.

Wait, what?