Chapter 10: The Ghost of You

*Unedited*

By the end of class the only people still standing were the twins and myself.

"Since the twins actually kept going they both win and will have a mile removed from your next workout. Before you leave make sure you have your meal plans."

As we all made our way downstairs I heard Hunter's cocky voice speak up, "Yo, ba- I mean uh, Coach Em, what about that sparring match with Sydney's sister you were bragging about?"

I glanced at Sydney. Hm, no wonder she looked familiar, she looked just like her sister but with long hair.

"Like I said before, you are more than welcome to watch, as long as it's okay with your rides of course. Please, judge me." I said as I made my way to the locker room. The kids made sounds of approval and excitement at my answer and proceeded to ask their parents or siblings for permission before rushing to the cage where Heather stood cracking her knuckles.

"Yo! Scarface!" I turned towards Heather's voice and quirked my brow in question. "You ready to get your ass whooped?"

How is it her ego is still at full capacity after last time? I smirked at her cockiness and hurried to put on my gear.

As I made my way toward the cage, I noticed that it was now surrounded by my students and their families along with other Cage members, and Uncle Andy. Brant was yet again inside the cage, ready to take the ref position.

"Go get her Sha!" Uncle Andy roared at me cheerfully as I joined Heather and Brant. I nodded his way and tuned the audience out, only focusing on the people inside the cage.

I hope the audience pumps Heather up enough to give me an actual challenge. I thought hopefully as Brant stepped between us to explain the rules.

"Alright everyone quiet down and listen up!" Brant yelled out, successfully silencing the chatter. "Since there is a crowd today I'll list the rules. Since this is just a sparring match there will only be three five minute rounds. No scratching please ladies. No groin attacks. No knees to the head on a grounded opponent. No strikes to the back of the head or spine. No headbutts. No eye gouging. No fish hooking. No fingers in opponent's orifices. No biting. No hair pulling. No strikes or grabbing of the throat. No manipulation of the fingers or toes. No intentional grabbing of the cage. No intentional throwing of opponent outside of the cage. Any violation will result in a warning and deduction. Any injuries sustained by violations will grant an automatic five minute recovery time to the injured party. Rounds can end by submission, TKO, No contest, forfeiture, decision, or if one of the ladies wins the first two matches the third will be null and the win will go to the majority winner."

"Just get on with it already stupid." Heather said impatiently as she bounced on the balls of her feet.

Brant ignored Heather's remark and continued with his announcements before facing us again, "Alright ladies, shake hands." I stuck my hand out hesitantly; I knew that I needed to lead my students by example, so I couldn't be scared to touch her. She grudgingly grabbed my hand and we shook briefly before backing away from each other. Her glare would have turned any other opponent into a trembling mess, but it had zero effect on me. My lack of expression seemed to piss her off even more and by the time the match was starting, there was almost tangible smoke coming from her ears and nose. I put my mouth guard in and got into my fighting stance.

I guess she'll let her emotions control her this time as well. Just like Emmett. I thought disappointed. As soon as the bell rung she was charging me like an amateur, yet again. Did she not learn from our last match how ineffective this is?