Chapter 13: Battle Scars

*Unedited*

 The next morning I woke with dry, bloodshot eyes. The memories of what happened yesterday flooded my mind but I quickly shut them away with a sharp shake of my head.

I won't let Jax win. I thought firmly.

I groggily got ready and slowly made my way downstairs. Aunt Karen already had my smoothie made as I sat at the table. "Here ya go Em. How are you feeling this morning? You can stay home if you want." Aunt Karen said hesitantly.

"I'm fine I guess. My head feels like it was hit by a bus, but other than that, pretty good." I said with a shrug and began to down my strawberry banana smoothie. Aunt Karen seemed unsure but after a moment she noded and continued to clean up.

"That's good to hear. Well, I'm off. I'll see you tonight after your class right?" Aunt Karen asked while she gathered her things.

"Yup," I said, popping the p.

"Well, bye. Love you." She said before leaving.

Sighing at not being able to respond to her words of love, I gathered my things and headed out, setting the alarm as I made my way to my car. I noticed the crack in the window Aunt Karen said I made by hitting it. It was in the top corner and looked as if some kids hit it with a baseball, Glass splinters spider webbing out.

There is no way in hell I did that while thrashing around and not get hurt. I thought as I examined the still intact, yet shattered spot. After a few minutes of staring at the spot in confusion I shrugged, hopped in my car, and made my way to school.

Another day of weirdness flew by, thoughts of what I was planning on doing later today and my 'episode' yesterday flitting in and out of my mind. As my so called 'Royal' friends stayed glued to my side, I resolved to just ignore them completely, hoping my attitude would rub off the them and they would ignore me too. Heather continued giving them the cold shoulder and scaring people away with just her presence.

After school was over, I managed to escape my stalkers and to the parking lot. I was almost to my car when I was stopped by an overly excited blonde.

"Hey Scarface! Can I catch a ride with you? My car's in the shop." Heather yelled out as she ran to my side. I shrugged and gestured for her to follow as I made my way to my car, almost relieved for the distraction from my thoughts.

"Thanks, my mom brought me this morning, but she doesn't get off until five, so it would have been a hell of a walk." Heather said happily as she slid into the passenger seat of my car. I shrugged, "No problem blondie, we're going to the same place anyway. Wait, what about Sydney?"

"Oh, she catches a ride with that Jade girl." Heather said with a wave of her hand. "What the hell happened to your window?" She asked when she noticed the 'crack' in my window.

"Oh, um, I'm not sure..." I trailed off, not wanting to tell her about my 'episode'.

"It looks like someone bashed it from the inside, that's freaking weird! Maybe someone broke into your car and got pissed when they didn't find anything?" Heather said confused. I shrugged and strapped myself in. I started the car and looked out my window only to jump in shock.

"What is it?" Heather asked as she looked over my shoulder to see what shocked me. "Oh damn. They do not look happy that you're with me." Heather said seriously when she saw the group of my stalkers staring at us from a few rows down. They looked pissed.

"Maybe they'll leave me alone now?" I mumbled hopefully.

Heather snorted, "Doubt it. They don't like anyone, but when they do, you don't get out."