Chapter 8: Heather

*Unedited*

After over an hour of working out the details for my new employment, I was given a staff locker and finally able to work out my pent up frustration. Going to the locker room, I changed into a set of long workout clothes similar to the ones I wore at school. After I stuffed my things into my new locker I headed upstairs to begin my workout regimen.

After I stretched my muscles I ran a mile to warm up before I hit the weights to work on my strength and cardio endurance then chest and triceps. Almost two hours later I was finished. I hadn't had a proper workout in about two months so I was wiped, and that was with a lighter workout. I wasn't too worried though, I knew I would get my strength back if I disciplined myself properly, not to mention the extra workout I would get when I trained my new class. I wasn't going to make my students do things I couldn't do. I needed them to know it would get easier, and working out alongside them would surely help.

I took a swig of my water and made my way back downstairs. As soon as I walked through the door I heard Uncle Andy yell out to me.

"Hey sha! Come over here, there's someone I want you to meet," Uncle Andy's deep voice boomed out.

I made my way over to the cage where Uncle Andy stood next to woman I hadn't met. She was maybe an inch or two taller than me with slightly tanned skin. Her hair was bleached blonde and cropped close to her scalp and her cheekbones were so high and sharp they could cut glass. What really stood out were her eyes. They were so blue they seemed to almost glow. They truly were mesmerizing. Uncle Andy smiled as I reached his side and he motioned between this beautiful eyed woman and myself before he spoke again.

"Claire-bear, this is Heather. Heather, this is Emma," he said with a self-satisfied grin on his face.

We both nodded at each other in acknowledgement, neither of us made any sign of further introduction. I stayed neutral as Uncle Andy assessed our nonchalant reactions. Uncle Andy cleared his throat to interrupt the awkward silence that was building between us.

"Well, Emma, I figured you'd want a sparring partner and Heather here is our best female in your weight class," he said matter-of-factly. I nodded in response and Uncle Andy smiled.

"Well, I'll go get Brant to ref and leave you two ladies to put on your safety gear," he said before walking off in search of Brant. When he was out of earshot I opened my mouth to ask if she wanted to do a few quick exercises or jump straight to sparring when she beat me to the punch.

"I don't know who the hell you think you are, but I don't appreciate you walking in here outta no where and stealing my teaching position. I've been here for years and was just about to get the job when BAM! You walk in with your scarred face and without paying your dues you take the job. You walk in here like you own the place, but I can assure you, you don't belong here. So, why don't you make this easy and leave before you get hurt. I mean, by the looks of your face you obviously don't know what you're doing," Heather said, her voice dripping with venom.

I continued to stare blankly at her infuriated expression, almost amused at the stupidity that radiated from her little speech. I hadn't been beaten since I was a child and this small break in training wouldn't affect my skills enough to lose, at least not against this chick.

Bring it on bitch, I love it when I'm underestimated, I thought as I made my way to the locker room to grab my gear. After I donned my gear, I made my way back to the cage, the furious look on her face caused a small smirk to appear on my face.

"You obviously chose to make this hard so I don't know why you're smirking. You're about to get your ass whipped and your job will be mine," Heather said arrogantly.

Ah, the sweet sound of an ego, this might actually be fun, I thought as my smirk grew.

I kept my mouth shut as I followed her into the cage, climbing in with a learned grace. We walked to the center and faced each other as we waited for Brant to arrive. Heather's beautifully disgusted gaze never left my impassive one, and the sneer plastered on her face made her almost ugly.

"Hey girlies, y'all ready to go," Brant's voice echoed out from behind me.

"Yeah, been ready. Where the hell have you been," Heather's snide voice asked.

"The staff room, you wouldn't know about that though, would you Blondie," Brant jabbed, smiling innocently. Heather scoffed indignantly, flipping him off.

"Emma, sorry to leave you alone so long with the dragon, it couldn't be helped," Brant said with a grin stretched across his face. I shrugged, not really caring either way.

Brant stood between us and clapped his hands together before he continued, "Alright ladies, you know the rules, do I need to list them?" We both shook our heads no.

"Okay then, there will only be one untimed round. Remember that this is a sparring match so no KO's. First one to tap out looses the round. Got it?" Brant says, his voice more professional than earlier.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get on with it already," Heather states impatiently while I simply nod my reply.

"Alright, GO!" Brant rang the bell with a grin and Heather immediately charged me.

Her straight forward stupidity surprised me. All that talk about being the best and she charges at me, leaving herself open. Idiot.

I sidestepped her, and kicked her back, forcing her to the ground. I spin toward her and lunge to her fallen and confused body. Before she can even register what is happening, I have her in an armbar.

"Come on Heather, she's going to break your arm, tapout." Brant said with a hint of worry in his voice. Heather was being stubborn so I pressed harder on her arm, causing Heather to let out a screech.

"Alright alright alright! I give!" Heather said pissed off, but tapping-out.

That was surprisingly quick. I'm actually disappointed in her. I let go of her arm, stand with a small bow and walk away to get changed.

"This isn't over Scarface!"

I turn toward her with a smirk, "Rematch after my first class?"

"You're on bitch!"

"I look forward to it." 

She might actually be fun if she keeps this up. I thought as I made my way to my car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey! Thanks for reading, sorry it's so short! Thoughts on Heather? Any opinions on how the story is going so far? Let me know!

Love y'all!<333333

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW<3333333