Chapter 7: Animals and Their Cages

*Unedited*

I awoke before the sun could peek over the trees. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I made my way to the bathroom to begin my morning routine. After getting dressed in similar clothes to Monday and French-braiding my long hair, I made my way downstairs to eat. I grabbed an orange, made a cup of coffee and headed to the backyard. Sitting on the porch swing I watched the sun rise making the dew sparkle. The beauty of nature gave off a false sense of security, of peace - it was a good liar. After finishing my orange and coffee I went back inside.

When I entered the kitchen I disposed of my orange peel and put my cup in the dishwasher. I turned around when I heard the clacking of Aunt Karen's heels echo off the walls. As soon as she saw me she smiled softly and began her questioning.

"So, how did your appointment go yesterday? Did you tell him about your, um, dream," she asked, unsure of how to word her question without upsetting me.

I shrugged in response, "It was okay, he upped my dosage though."

"Okay, did he say anything else," she questioned while making coffee.

Sighing, I answered, "He said it would be good to start training again."

"Really now? Where are you going to do that, that place in town, The Cage I think it is?"

"That's where he recommended. I was thinking of going Saturday."

"Sounds good. Did he say why you should? It won't hurt you to start again, will it," she asked, her voice full of concern.

"I don't think so. He said it would help me find a new normal or something like that," I said shrugging nonchalantly.

"Good, you need normal."

We spoke a little longer until it was time for both of us to head out. I grabbed my things, locked up and headed out.

Arriving at school a few minutes later, I parked, stepped into the sweltering heat, and made my way toward the school building. Entering the building I was hit with a wave of cool air that instantly began drying the humidity on my skin. Letting out a relieved sigh I made my way to my locker and got the necessary things before slamming the locker door closed. As soon as the door banged shut, a face appeared to my right. It Abbie, wearing that stupid grin of hers.

"Hey Emmy, how ya doin'," she asked giddily.

My entire body froze in place at the sound of that name, a demon slipping through to remind me of him.

The serrated knife sliced through my skin again, a scream slipping through my lips. After hours of Jax slicing the unscathed parts of my skin, my voice still worked and the sick fuck loved it. My arms, legs, and now stomach were covered in jagged cuts just so he could hear me scream.

"That's right little Emmy, sing for me," Jax murmured sweetly, brushing the loose hair from my face.

My tears had run out, but the blood was a steady steam as he cut yet another jagged line down my stomach. As much as I tried, I just couldn't hold it in and I let out another scream as the pain overwhelmed me.

"You really know how to make a man happy, don't you my sweet Emmy," Jax asked with that sadistic gleam in his muddy brown eyes. When I didn't say anything he just continued to scar my skin, joy shining through his eyes with every cut and every scream.

Shaking my head to rid myself of the demon, I faced Abbie, my glare icy as the rage flowed through my body.