Castaway - Chapter 13

Chapter 13 : New Day, New Essence.

----------

I sipped my Sprite can delicately as I read my new text message.

"Hey Essence! Where are you? xTanner.x"

"Mall.... D:"

"By yourself? xTannerx"

"Course not, with Nataroo! :P "

"Good, hey I was wondering if you wante-"

Nat squealed, "ESSENCE! Get your butt over here!"

I groaned, "What's up?"

"Try on this dress!"

I stared horrifyingly at the aquamarine dress that seemed to be glaring back at me, "Finee!"

As I reached out to grab it quicker hands snatched it out of my grip. I looked up to see muddy brown ees, Hailey. Oh great, what a perfect way to start off my Sunday morning.

She looked at the dress, "Were you planning to buy this?"

I grinned, "Not at all. Let's go Nat,"

She nodded understandingly, "Is there anything else you'd want for your birthday?"

I cocked my head, uncertainty in my voice, "Think I should dye my hair?"

-----------

"All finished," The hairstylist breated out.

Natalie grinned, "Awesome, remind me to not directly drop you off in front of your house."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Why not?"

"Cause, your parent's are going to kill me!"

I rolled my eyes, "They won't."

As I locked into the mirror I fingered my new locks gleefully and grinned, dying my hair was such a good choice. I decided to dye my night locks for a lightish blonde with my original black hair underneath. Not much of a difference, but for me it is. For the last seventeen years of my life I've seen my dark locks that I've stopped checking the mirror.

I mean what was the point? All I would ever see is the same old locks.

I winked at Natalie, "What about you? What  is Locke going to say?"

She grinned sheepishly, "We shall see."

I laughed, she dyed her hair dark brown. Plain and simple, but she rocked the look.

"Hey, let's go! Your mom is going to kill me."

Yup, they met.

--------

"Happy Birthday Esse- Where the hell is your hair!?"

I laughed at Tanner's expression, soon enough if I was wiping away my tears, "Don't like,"

He kissed my forehead, "You look gorgeous, just taken by surprise that's all."

Guess you can say we're official now. As you might've already guessed it's my birthday today! Seventeen years old according to June 21.

"Now shoo, I gotta change."

"And?" He said, grinning devishly.

"Out,"

"Fine," He dragged his feet out of my room, but I knew he was behind my closed door waiting patiently.

I shrugged out of my sweats and changed into the dress Tanner bought me. My breath caught in my throat as I gazed at it. It was beautiful. The dress was a strapless ballgown that reached up to my knees. It was poufy, it was figure hugging. The design was plaid, blue and red.

I felt giddy as it slowly coveredd my small frame. I felt tall and somewhat elegant as I also sliped on the black highheels. Shoot, I can't zipper it.

"Tanner!"

Immeadiately he opened the door and his eyes widened, "Y-yeah?"

I blushed, "Help me?"

He nodded and zipped it up slowly. I held my hair in my hands as he did so.

He kissed my shoulder blade when he finished, "You look amazing, babe."

"Thanks," My blush increasing more, with our hands intertwined we went and faced the music.

--------------