Castaway - Chapter 10

--------

Chapter 10 - Welcome Back! Not..

-------

"Do I have to go?" I begged, clasping my hands togethr.

My mom pursed her lips sealed, a new kind of feeling swarming her brown eyes. Worry?

"Yes, honey. It's important you finish your academics, if. If the bullying keeps occuring frequently me and your father shall switch you to another school."

I nodded and ran up the stairs, "Don't you dare run up the stairs, Essence!"

-------

Twenty minutes later I stood lazily against the door frame waiting for the bus. It was blazing, so I decided to keep it neutral. I changed into white neon splatter cut-off shorts, an 'I <3 mustaches short sleeve top and black sandals. I let my hair fall loosely on it's own, my bangs curved along the rims of my glasses.

I feel more confident with clothes now. So far, I've gotten about ten phone numbers? Yeah, they're not getting a call from me anytime soon.

----

"Who is she? She's so pretty!"

"Ugh! Another whore."

"Where did she get her clothes?"

Was all heard when I first stepped in, you know besides the multiple eye stares and wolf whistles. Way to keep it classy, guys.

Just my luck, only Caitlin managed to see through my facade.

"So Evans. Had the nerve to return to my to come back to my school? Or are you going to run away again?"

I laughed and pushed her out of my way. I'm not taking this anymore. She tripped on her own two feet and fell flat on her face. Silence consumed everybody before laughter kicked into high gear. I fell to the floor dying of laughter. I held my stomach, the pain hurt but gosh this was too good to miss.

"Bitch," She screeched.

-----

"Miss Evans? MISS EVANS!"

Angrily I woke up from my wonderful dream, "What!? W-wait a second. WHERE AM I?"

The classroom stiffled their laughter, "Miss Evans this is English class."

"Oh." Hey! Look, now he pays attention to me, huh?

Mr. Tweet nodded awkwardly and returned to the blackboard, "Today class we will be learning about.."

---------

I closed my eyes shut as I laid against my very comforting tree.

"Essence?"

I opened one eye and grinned, "Hey Tanner."

"Why are you leaning against a tree, sleeping?"

"Why aren't you?"

He chuckled, "So Tanner. What brings you here?"

"Just got out of school. So luckily for you I decided to visit you. "

"Oh, I'm honored."

He cracked a crooked grin, "Where are your friends?"

I laughed, "Your too cute Tanner. What friends? I have none here."

He stared at me blankly, "Impossible."

"Impossible just became possible, my fried."

"Oh my gosh! Essence how comeyou've never introduced me to your friend?"

I gave a once over to a tall sporty brunnette with gray eyes and a lean figure. Since when did she go to this school? 

"Who are you?"

She giggled nervously, "It's Kasey silly!" She turned to Tanner, "She always forgets!"

I held Tanner's hand and slowly we rised, "Well KAsey. Your freaking me out right now. So were just going to walk away. Very slowly.

Her flirtatious grin melted as she forcefully removed mine and Tanner's contact. "He doesn'tlike you! All he feels is pity for  you! Of course he would want a popular girl like me."

Tanner grinned cockily, "Is that so?"

She smiled, "Yes."

"That's funny becase," He snaked an arm around my waist, "Essence is my girlfriend."

She crossed her arms, "Prove it!"

Tanner shrugged and dipped me lightly, I catched my breath as our intense stare grew. From this angle, his pale ice eye was in perfect view. Ever so slowly we leaned closer to eachother. Unconciously I twined my armsaround his neck playing with his soft locks as out lips met.

Describing it would be impossible. So many emotions overwhelmed me, filling me with warmth and joy inside. His lips were soft against mine as they moved in synchronozation. It was purebliss.

Too soon, he pulled away and a soft wimper escaped, I blushed and turned to where Kasey stood blazing.

"I hate you, Essence!!"

All I did was blush even more, the replays of the kiss playing over and over again. Tanner traced the scarlett blush from my cheeks, "You're beautiful, Essence. Don't let anybody make you forget that ever."

---------