Castaway - Chapter 8

Chapter 8 : Fake Love.

----

I woke up next morning due to rough hands pushing me back and forth, side to side. Aimlessly, I swatted my hand around and heard my hand connect with something. Or someone. Or someone's face? I jumped up to see Tanner hold his cheek tenderly staring at me in bewilderment. I gasped and mentally scolded my hand for hitting Tanner.

"Damn," Tanner mumbled.

The door of my room opened loudly, slamming against the wall with so much force I had to cover my ears to block out the noise. Outside was my parents looking at me. I was ready for the beating, ready for the hateful words that would come out of their mouths. But, no.

My parents were smiling hugely. I slapped and pinched myself, c'mon were talking about MY parents here. The parents that have nothing to do so they turn their boredness to amusement when they see my pain, tears even. Yet, here they are. SMILING? For a fraction of a second I thought it might be drugs, but then I remembered the last time they tried it they slapped me for their own stupidity.

Such caring, loving parents aren't they?

"Well! When were you going to tell us!"

I  looked at my 'mom' for a second, before I spoke very cautiosly. "Tell you what?"

They rolled their eyes playfully before laughing it off and hugging eachother lovingly, seriously what's wrong with them? They're too nice. It's actually making me a scared...

"Aren't you going to introduce us to your boyfriend?"

Oh shit, they thought I was going out with Tanner? As in Tanner. My bestfriend. I completely forgot about him, when I turned to sneak a look at him he shook his head, turning away as a light blush spread across his cheeks.

"Ah, mom? That's-"

"Tanner Sharpe," He cut in.

I looked at him in bewilderment, yet smiled a little when I saw the faint traces of blush spread throughout his cheeks. He looked so cute, so innocent!

---

"Don't make me do this!" I cried, tears stinging my eyes.

Tanner sighed, "You heard your parents,"

'Please," I stomped my foot. "I don't want to go,"

He pushed me inside of Forever21, a wad of bills held tightly inside of my clenched fist. I looked around frantically, never had I seen this much style of colors, not even the boutique! Softly, I trailed my fingers over the fabrics wherever I went. Then something caught my eye, a garden trellis sundress with a belt around the abdomen. It was beautiful, a coral color. Simple, yet somewhat elegant.

Quickly I grabbed it and handed the tender a crisp twenty dollar bill. She scrunched up her nose in disgust before sucking in a huge breath, sitting up straight and a gleaming smile took over the disgust. I laughed figures, Tanner.

So what happened afterwards? My parents are convinced that me and Tanner are in love, which is a no! They haven't touched a beer bottle in a week! I begged! Tanner so we could pretend were a couple, this could be really good for my parents health. Evntually, relunctanctly, he agreed. So were on our 'one week anniversary.' My thoughts of this 'relationship?'

Good? Eh.

Bad? Hell yes.

---------