Castaway - Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Surprise, Surprise

------

I held my bag tightly as I walked down the halls. My head hung low. I felt degraded about what happened last night. Just one more year. One more year till I'm 18.

Somehow I made it to Homeroom. Hailey sent me a wicked smirk, Ethan sat beside her. He refused to meet my eyes. Inwardly, I shrugged. This isn't anything new. I made my way to my abandoned seat, shielding my eyes. I glared at the sun, what happened to the rain?

All period long I felt someone's agitating gaze on me. I tried to ignore it, which was distinctly annoying. After breaking three pencils out of annoyance I turned and looked. I blinked confusingly. Surprise, surprise. The owner of the gaze was none other than Ethan Summers.

------

I walked hand in hand with Tanner as we made our way to Nat's Café. He said Locke and Natalie have some big news. I'm thinking they're engaged or she's pregnant. So we made a bet. Tanner thinks their engaged, I think she may be expecting. The bid for the bet was twenty-five dollars.

Tanner hummed along to 'Like I Mean It.' During some verses I joined in, though I preferred to hear him sing by himself. I was mesmerized by his melodious voice. At the sound of the chiming silver bells Natalie and Locke's heads flew towards us when we arrived. Huge grins on their faces, I gave Tanner an awkward look.

What happened between them? I took a peek at her fingers and smiled.

No engagement ring!

Crossing my fingers behind my back, I still had a chance in this bet.

Natalie was practically jumping up and down her seat. Excitement filled her thoroughly.

"You guys! Guess what!"

"What?" We asked simultaneously.

"Well, do you remember yesterday? When we were playing on stage?"

"Yeah?"

"Sean Summers was there! He wants us to perform on his son's 18th birthday! Can you believe it? US!" Nat drawled out, not being able to contain the excitement.

I was shocked, THE Sean Summers watched us perform. Sean Summers was a HUGE recording artist. One of best WORLDWIDE!

"When is it?" Tanner asked.

This time Locke answered, "Two days."

I smiled hugely, this can be a good start for the band. Silence consumed us, all deep into thoughts. I'm up for it, clearly Natalie is too.

Finally Tanner cut through the silence, "Well I'm In. How About You Guys?"

"Definitely,"

"I'm in,"

"Count me in!"

Unexpectedly Natalie jumped out of her seat and ran to the cash register. After counting several bills, she looked pleadingly at Tanner and Locke. I giggled, I knew where this was going.

"Take care of the café? Thanks!"

Leaving the guys shocked, we ran out of the shop, laughing entirely. As Nat pulled out of the parking space, the guys ran out. Trying to desperately stop us. She drove to the mall, music blasting as she drove. After taking one step inside of the mall she steered me to a cute boutique store. I laughed, she knew me to well. If she hadn't brought me here, I would be at Hot Topic paying already.

----

By Fade S