Castaway

Pic of Essence Evans.

Chapter 1: Newcomer

I shied away against the lockers. Shadowing my face with my pitch black hair. As if it'll help me. I'm the only girl on campus with black hair. Cautiously, I looked around and breathed out a sigh of relief. No one was around.

Right when I thought I was safe, I crashed head on with somebody. I stumbled to the ground, groaning inwardly. Who was it now?

"Watch it freak!" They said with pure disgust.

I simply brushed myself off and continued walking to my homeroom, blushing furiously. Can't they at least TRY to act decent towards me? I'm not expecting them to kiss the ground I walk on or anything. But seriously? Will it do some damage to their ego if they were nice? FOR ONCE?

The name is Essence Evans. Straight pitch black hair that reaches to my chest. side swept bangs across my forehead. Even my bangs can't hide my pale blue-green eyes. My eyes contrast well with my pale skin. I have an hourglass figure. Judged by my appearance I'm labeled as an outcast.

Nobody else in school has hair and eyes like me. I reached my homeroom only to receive the usual nasty glares and sneers I've grown accustomed to. Mr. Green gave a face when he saw that I had walked through the door.

I rolled my eyes and sat in the far corner, near the large ivory pane window. clouds formed, the sky darkened and it began to drizzle. I sighed happily, I love the rain.

"Essence Evans?" Oh, when did attendance start?

"Here." I answered meekly.

"Absent, okay. Josh Liams?" The class snickered rather loudly.

Ignoring the hurt I felt, I jammed my headphones inside of my ears. Three Days Grace blasting through my ears. I hummed along to, I Hate Everything About You.

"Class, we have a new student. Ethan Summers. Mr. Summers why don't you introduce yourself? "

I looked up to meet the most gorgeous bright green eyes ever in existence. New boy had shaggy jet black hair that reached up to his neck. BLACK HAIR! I almost jumped out in happiness, I'm not the only one anymore!

I took in the rest of his appearance. His lean, toned body was covered with dark skinny jeans, studded black and white belt. A tight v-neck covered by a sleek leather jacket. This guy was undeniably gorgeous. I'll never forget the color of his eyes They pierced right through me.

"My name is Ethan," He shot a look at Mr. Green. "I play guitar and skateboard a lot."

"Very well, Mr. Summers. Please, take a seat." Mr. Green smirked.

I took a look around the classroom, all of the girls eyes were hooked on Ethan. They guys laid back and feigned boredness. I tried to contain my shock but failed horribly. We dress a like, almost look alike and they don't give HIM the same cold treatment I get!? What did they have against me?

"Hey Ethan! There's a seat over here!" Hailey called flirtatiously. Well, there goes my chance of having one friend in this school...

Ethan scanned the room and smiled apologetically at Hailey. Wait, what? Smiled APOLOGETICALLY at HAILEY?