PART 20

-_____- I TOTALLY HATE MYSELF FOR NOT UPLOADING FOR SO LONG. APPARENTLY MY PARENTS THOUGHT I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THE STORY FOR THEIR LIKING. BUT SERIOUSLY COME ON?! I HAVEN'T WROTE ANYTHING FOR SO MANY WEEKS! BUT O WELLS IT'S SUMMER NOW SO I GUESS I CAN WRITE MORE. XD. THERE IS ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER OF THIS STORY LEFT, SO...ENJOY, GUYS, AND THX FOR READING! <3BALLLUV

PS this is extra long sooo....comment and vote and fan?PLZZZZ!

PART 20

ELENA'S POV

  A man's soft humming woke me up in the morning, I slowly opened my eyes to see Damon looking down at me. His strong, warm arms held me close to him as we both lied on the cold floor in the room where Katherine kept me as a prisoner. It felt like I was lying on snow, but I didn't care, because the love of my life was looking at me tenderly like I was the only girl in the world.

  "Good morning Princess Elena." Damon whispered, smiling.

  "Morning. What are you doing here? Does Katherine know? Wouldn't she be suspicious?" the questions came tumbling out before I could stop them. I couldn't imagine what Katherine would do to Damon if she knew he was a spy.

  "No worries, she was actually the one that told me to stay, so that I could keep an eye on you.” he explained.

  "Oh..I see. Hey,  I never knew you were a singer, I think that was the first time I heard you sing!" I pushed myself up from the freezing ground, pulling Damon up into a sitting position too.

  And then, a miracle happened. Damon Salvatore, the big, bad, dangerous Damon, actually BLUSHED. Was there something wrong with my eyes?

  ".......You weren't supposed to hear that Elena...... Fine I admit I was singing but I think I'm completely tone deaf." I laughed out loud, he looked so embarrassed I couldn't help myself.

  "No no. I thought your singing was perfectly fine and honestly, it was the best wake up call in the whole wide world." I told him, trying to keep the smile off my face. Seriously, I think I looked happy enough to convince lots of people that I have forgotten I would be sacrificed soon. But this was Damon, and with him by my side, I wasn't scared of anything.

 "You think so? I'm not completely tone deaf?" His face brightened up like a hopeful little boy. Does it really matter that much to him?

  "Yep" I said, popping the p, "No kidding."

  "Well then, prepare to have my sweet singing wake you up everyday. After we get out of this damned place." Ah, the old, teasing Damon was back.

  "What if we can't?" I asked, suddenly worried. What if we really can't? What if this is our destiny and there's nothing we can do to escape it?

  "I promise, on my life, that I won't let anything happen to you. We WILL get out of here, trust me." The smirk was gone, and his face turned serious. His blue eyes was fixed on me, and I hoped with everything I had that what he said would come true. It will, I have faith in him,

  "I believe you." I said softly, and looked into his eyes that were so, so beautiful.

   He leaned in, and my breathe stopped as his lips touched mine. I closed my eyes and truly forgot where I was. His kiss took me away from this world and it felt like we were the only ones that existed. It was the most special thing that had ever happened to me.

  Damon pulled away, and he smiled at me, making my heart swell with love. He pulled me into his arms and I rested my head on his muscular chest. His wrapped his arms around me and put his chin on the top of my head. It made me feel so safe I signed with content. He was all I ever needed.