part 6

here comes part 6! comment. fan and vote as always! <3 bballluv

PART 6 DAMON'S POV

  " WHAT . ARE. YOU. DOING. HERE." I spat the words out through gritted teeth. Seeing her face took me all the way back to 150 years ago again. Katherine, who pretended to love me, who turned both Stefan and I, who left....without a single word..

  "Hello Damon. I expected...a kiss...instead of this." her eyes darted toward my hands on her throat. " Did you not miss me? I know I did." Katherien whispered, the sly smile still on her face.

  " Shut your filthy mouth. You did this to Stefan didn't you? You tempted him to feed!" I felt anger rising in my body, taking over my mind,

  " Oh and is that wrong? We are vampires Damon. This is what's normal for us. I know all about that pathetic Elena. Look at what she did to you guys! Pretending you still have emotions for a human? Like you still care? You should know better than anyone that vampires being good is A LIE"

  I tightened my grip on her neck.

  "Don't you DARE talk about Elena that way. You'll never ba a millionth of a person to what she is. Now leave, or else I will rip your heart out, and I will not think twice about it."

  " Then why not kill me now? Why not kill me right now when you have the chance? Or do you still have feelings for me?" God I hate that stupid smile...

  "Trust me Katherine, I want to. But I'm not like you, I won't kill you unless it's necessary. So don't give me a reason to do so."

  I slowly loosened my grip and let her free.

  "This isn't over Damon. I'll get what I want, I always do." she smiled at me one last time before she disappeared.

  I turned to Stefan and together, we burid the dead body silently. I didn't know what to say to him, so i kept my mouth shut.

  "I'm sorry Damon, I couldn't control myself." he broke the silence first.

  " No, no need to apologize to me. Elena is the one that deserves a sorry from you."

  " I know. I just don't want her to see me like this. But I couldn't stop the cravings..So I ran away, then Katherine showed up with a compelled human. She bit him...and I lost it...I'm sorry."

  "Alright alright. Let;s just go home. You won't be alone. I've got your back, ok?"  I couldn't help but softened down. seeiong his face full of guilt.

  " You are not going tell Elena right?" he looked at me pleadingly.

  " No worries little bro...I won't ruin the whole Stefan-is-perfect image."

  " Thank you..."

  On the way back to the house, it was silent again. I knew we were both thinking about Katherine. What was she doing here? What did she want? And how does she know about Elena? I hoped she wouldn't come back again, but I knew better that. She was Katherine, she wouldn't give up that easily, whatever she's trying to do.

  We got home in less than 5 minutes. Stefan was faster because of the new human blood in his system.

  Elena was waiting for us there. Right, she just couldn't wait to see her precious Stefan. I could tell it was her and not Katherine by the way she stood nervously on the porch, and the uneasiness in her eyes. She saw us and ran for us. For a moment, I thought she was running for me, and it felt so good that she needed my comfort. But of course, she ran straight into Stefan's arms. Pulling away, she saw the blood on his face. Shock showed on her face as she understood what this meant.

  Oops, we didn't expect her to be here, and now Stefan's little secret is revealed.

  But she pulled him in again. Telling him it's ok, that he'll get throught this. Her eyes flickered to me for a second. I quickly looked away. I didn't want her to see the disappointment and hurt on my face.

 " Hey hey hey. I'm still here you know? Let's get in the house." I hurled them in, not wanting to witness another second of their lovey dovey moment.

  A couple minutes later, Stefan was in the bathroom cleaning himself up from the bloody mess, while Elena was in the kitchen, trying to cook a meal out of whatever human food there was in the fridge. She has't eatten a thing after Stefan went missing,

  I took the ooprtunity to talk to Elena.

  " Are you alright?" I asked as she chopped away with a knife.

  " I'm fine, really. Listen, I'm really realy thankful for everything you did today. I just want you to know, I'm glad I have you as a friend."

  Mmmmm...when did I sudden;y became the saint that everyone want to give their thanks to?

  " Anything for you Elena," I said jokingly, but on the inside, I meant it with my whole heart. " But there is something I nees to tell you, for your own safety. Katherine, is back in town."

  CLUNG

 The knife dropped the the floor as Elena looked at me in shock.

  "Ouch!" she cried, she had cut herself, and a single drop of blood formed on her thumb.

  Stefan chose that exact moment to come in.

  Oh no.

  The veins slowly spread on his face, the fangs showing through his open mouth. He was fighting it, but I could tell he was going to give in to the urge soon.

  I stepped protectively in front of  Elena, ignoring my own little urge to suck her blood.

  Stefan sprang forward, baring his fangs. He was totally out of control now. I held onto him, pushing him away from Elena who looked paralyzed with shock.

  I knew I couldn't hold him off long, not when he just drained a whole body.

  "Go Elena, go! I, I'll handle this. Just go!" I shouted, while using every last bit of strength I had to apin Stefan to the wall.

  I heard frantic footsteps as she ran out of the house. I turned and saw her look at me one last time before taking off at full speed. Panic filled her whole entire face.