Chapter Twenty-One

"Come on." I slightly whispered to Chris. I pointed over to the dark shadows that were seen in the gleam of the water.

Chris let out a loud chuckle and I slapped him against the chest. "ssh." I whispered with my pointer finger pressed against my lips.

"What the hell Jadyn." Chris whispered yelled.

"You're gonna blow our cover. Now shut up." I dragged my body against the sand and went to go hide behind a big rock. I signaled Chris to follow my lead, but no he just straight up walked over to the rock and then crouched down.

"Jadyn. Look." He says while pointing over at Jace. My mouth gaped open. Jace was currently in a full make-out session. A smirk appeared on his face and he turned to face me. He raised up his eyebrows asking for permission. I nodded yes and let a huge smile take over my face.

"Jace. You da man. Woo." He stood up and started fist pumping in the air. Jace suddenly turned around and looked at Chris with furious eyes.

"Where is she?" Jace asks.

I stand up and wave at him. "Why am I even friends with you guys?" Jace says with a sigh.

"I don't know about Chris but I'm adorable." I say while walking over to where Chris is standing up.

"You're the one dating the idiot."

"Oh yeah." I say with a playful disgusted look.

"I'm like standing right next to you." I start walking and soon enough I'm right next to Jace.

"Who's this?" Chris and I ask in unison.

"This is Sherrie. Sherrie, that's Chris and Jadyn."

Nice to meet you she says. She sticks out her hand which we shake in return.

"So Jace this your new girlfriend?" I ask while raising my eyebrows up and down. They both look at each other before Jace looks back at us and clears his throat.

"When did you get here?" He asked Chris.

"A couple hours ago but stop avoiding the question. Is she your girlfriend." Chris says with a deadspan voice.

"I guess..." Jace runs his fingers through his hair something he does when he's nervous. I look over at the girl and I see that she is looking down at her bare feet. I take this moment to fully take in her appearance. She has long brown hair that reaches her waist and is a couple inches taller than me.

"Come on Chris. Let's leave them alone." I grab onto Chris hand and drag him away.  "What was that about." I ask.

"Nothing." He says while crossing his arms over his chest.

"Nothing. Are you serious. Stop acting like it was nothing what's wrong with you."

"I told you it was nothing." He let out a heavy breath and whispered something under his breath.

"Fine then you know what screw you. I don't need this from you I'll just go and play volleyball with Adam. " I start to walk away but feel Chris grasp my wrist.

"Don't. Okay look it's just that I'm kind of suspicious I mean you two almost look the same except she's taller then you but besides that she's almost basically your twin. "

"Chris that is a stupid reason to act that way."

"Really. Imagine if Kasey started dating someone that looks exactly like me."

" I wouldn't mind. In fact I would be okay with it. I could be smitten with him too." He gave me a serious look before I got on my tiptoe and pecked his lips. "I'm just kidding. The only person I wanna be smitten with is you."

"Mhm." Chris scooped his head down and started to leave a trail of kisses all over my face.

"Come on."

"Where to?"

"Watch a movie." I gave him a kiss before he started to tangle his fingers in my sun kissed hair. I pulled away and grabbed his hand dragging him back to the beach house.

"Race ya." I said before taking off.

••••••••
Short but at least it's something. Have been feeling kind of down in the dumps lately.

Anyways till next time. 💋