Chapter Six

Jace's POV

Jadyn slightly pushed me away, and I started staring at her now swollen red lips. I bit my lip and put my hands on her hips, and brought her back to my embrace. This time when I licked her lips she gasped a little and I took that as my ticket in. My tongue started exploring her mouth while she did the same with me. She brought her arms around my neck pulling me down to her. I took my hands and cupped her face. When we pulled away for air I heard her say "Jace. Stop." When she said this I didn't go back to her lips I just stayed there staring at her. We stood like that in silence for a moment before she started talking again. "Jace we can't do that. I don't want to be your rebound. I can't be you rebound. Your still not over Amber and so, I just want to be friends. I see something here between you and me that could last for a long time. You proved me wrong, and showed me a side of you that I would like to get to know better, but not on a relationship level. If you don't want to be friends I completely understand."

I didn't know what to say I stared at her for a couple seconds before nodding my head. "One thing, just let me kiss you one more time before we go into the friend zone." I saw a little bit a doubt on her face before nodding her head yes. I felt a smile come across my face as I leaned back down to her lips. I gave her a kiss, and pulled away before returning back to her mouth.
I heard her murmur, "Jace," against my lips, but that didn't stop me. If this was the last kiss I was going to share with her then I was going to make it good. I bite her bottom lip playfully before pulling away. When I saw her eyes still closed a smirk appeared on my face. I didn't notice when she opened her eyes, until she slapped my chest.

I grabbed her hand and gave her a kiss on her knuckles. I started walking away with her hand still in mine before letting go, and saying "Bye Jay. I'll call you." I got into the driver's seat, and looked out the window. Jadyn was still standing there looking at my car. I waved to her, and she waved back before I drove away

Jadyn's POV

I just finished blabbing my mouth off to Jace about how I just wanted to be friends, and nothing other than that. I was staring at him waiting for a response. I then saw him nod his head. My conscious was doing a happy dance inside my brain, but I felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest. I thought he was going to leave after nodding his head, but he surprised me when he said "One thing, just let me kiss you one more time before we go into the friend zone." I thought about this for a couple a seconds. I wanted to kiss him again really badly before we went into the friend zone too, so I nodded my head yes. I saw a big smile spread across his face, and that's when I noticed that he had dimples. He gave me a peck on the lips. I silently sighed when he pulled away. I guess he didn't hear me, because if he did I was sure there would have been a smirk on his face. To my surprise he brought his lips back to mine, but this kiss was longer, and more passionate. I had to stop or I would take back what I said about just being friends.

"Jace." That didn't stop him he just kept on going. After about 30 seconds he bit my bottom lip. I stood there dumbstruck for a couple before opening my eyes. When I saw the smirk on his face I slapped his chest. He grabbed my hand that was on his chest and pressed a kiss on my knuckles. He walked away with my hand still in his. When my hand could no longer stretch any farther he slowly let his finger fall from mine.

"Bye Jay. I'll call you." He got into his car, and waved at me I waved back. When he was no longer in sight I whispered "I'll be waiting."

I walked inside and pressed my back against the door. I felt my knees give out, and next thing I know I was sliding down the door. I stared at the painting on the wall opposite of the door and thought about what just happened. I couldn't give in to him. I would end up getting hurt. I have to get over these feelings that I have for him. I stood up and ran a hand through my hair. I went to my room, and saw that it was still 9:00. I went inside my mom's room and sat on her bed. When I was on her bed all the sadness hit me. I burst out crying. I saw the picture frame of my mom and dad on the night stand and picked it up. I really missed him. He died a year ago of cancer. After that my mom was never the same. She became more distant, and started leaving me alone at home more and more often. I put the picture back on the night stand, and turned on the TV. I felt my eyes getting heavy, and I fell asleep.

I woke up, and looked around the room. I saw that my mom had come home from her business trip. I got up and went to her side and gave her a kiss on the forehead before heading to my room. I went to my bookshelf, and ran my finger across the spines before getting to the book I was looking for, Fangirl, I was at the part where Cath was reading Levi The Outsider. When my mom walked into my room. "Good morning honey." I looked at her closely, and saw that she had a suitcase behind her.

"Where are you going you just got back? I really miss you mom." I saw guilt flash in her eyes. She walked to my bed and sat down. She started running her hand along my back. I pulled her into a tight hug. She then move her hand to start playing with my hair.

"I know honey. I miss you too. It's just the company is in trouble, and I need to be there to assist the problem. I left money in the usual place. Take care of yourself, and don't get into trouble." She left my embrace, and kissed me on the forehead, then she walked out of my room. I jumped out of bed, and went to the door. I saw that there was a limo already waiting for her outside. She turned her head, and I saw there were tears in her eyes. She waved to me, and then she got into the car.