Chapter Thirteen

Jace's POV

I woke up, and groaned dreading the hateful day, MONDAY. How could the weekend have gone that fast. I just spent the whole day yesterday with Jadyn at Six Flags. I have to admit it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I got out of bed, and headed for the bathroom. I took a quick shower, and put on a plain white t-shirt, and a pair of khaki jogger, with my personalized Nike Roshue One. I grabbed my book bag off my desk chairs, and ran down the stairs. I stopped in the kitchen, and instantly went rummaging through the cabinets looking for a energy bar. I found one, and sat at the kitchen island, and enjoyed my chocolate fudge energy bar. Once finished I ran back up the stairs woke up my little brother, and told him to get ready for the bus. I went into the bathroom, and brushed my teeth.

I walked out the bathroom, and went in search for my sleep deprived little brother.

"Where's mom?" asked a voice behind me. I turned and there stood CJ, my little brother. I walked up to him, and ruffled his hair.

"Get ready CJ. Mom said you had to go on the bus today, and before you ask where's dad? He's at work, so sorry little bro you're screwed. Go get dressed." I gave him a light shove towards his bedroom door, and went back downstairs. I pulled out my phone, and saw I still had 20 minutes until school started. I walked to the TV, and turned it on. Doctor Who re-runs where on. I sat, and waited for CJ to descend down the stairs.

Soon enough a fully dressed CJ traipsed in front of the TV. I check the time, and saw that he had to get going to the bus stop. I pushed him towards the front door, he grabbed his book bag , and I grabbed my own along with my car keys. I walked CJ to his bus stop, and walked into the garage. I unlocked he door to my most prized possession, my redefined blue 1969 Pontiac Bluebird. I threw my bookbag on the passenger seat, and headed to school. I parked in my usual parking space right neck to Chris' red muscle car. His car was one that just stood out.

Thinking about cars that stood out, Jadyn's car. What the hell ? She is driving the most manliest car, a girl could drive, and yet there she is. I walked in through the front entrance and was greeted, by almost everyone. I walked to my locker and collected my things. I slowly made my way to first period. Someone tapped my shoulder, and I stopped dead in my tracks. The person tapped me on the left, so I looked to the right, and there was Chris.

We gave each other a man hug. "So did you tap that?" I turned to the right, and slapped him upside the head.

"No. I didn't hit that. She didn't want to. Doesn't matter anyway. I can just find someone else to replace her." I said this so that Chris wouldn't know my actually feeling about what I felt for Jadyn.

"Too bad bro. I totally would have hit that if I had the chance to." Chris responded before he found a girl with a big ass, and started walking towards her. He opened and closed his hand before grabbing a hold of her butt, and squeezed it. The girl turned around, and tried to slap Chris' face, but he ducked, and ran away from her. I grabbed a hold of my stomach, and broke into a pit of laughter.

Someone slapped my back hard. I turned, and was face to face with none other than Jadyn. This chick is strong. She seem like a weak little girl, but she isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if she would be able to beat me up one of these days.

"Hey. How's it going?" She asked me in her the most cheery tone.

"Great." I answered with a bored tone. I guess that she caught on to it, and changed the topic.

"Well someone has a stick up their butt." She started walking away not before kicking my butt with the heel of her foot. She started to run away from me, and head towards English. I chased after her, and followed her into the class. I ran into the class, and got yelled at by the teacher. I looked around the classroom, and saw an empty seat behind Jadyn. I took it, and started to hit her back with my pencil.

After about 30 constant minuets of me tapping her with my pencil. She got up from her seat. Started walking to the back of the class so she could sharpen her pencil. When she got to my seat, she kicked me on my shin, and she kept on walking with a smirk on her face. I grabbed ahold of my shin, and started soothing the pain. She has a foot. I wonder if she play soccer. When she walked back to her seat i left her alone, because it wasn't funny anymore. I pulled out my sketchbook, and began to finish the design that I had created a few days ago.

By the end of the period. I had messed with Jadyn for a while, and finished my design. I walked off to the worst period of them all, CALCULUS. I walked in and sat at the back off the class. The teacher then called me, and told me to sit in the front. Ugh! These teachers have it out for me. I bet he would call on me for every question.

The rest of the day just passed by in a blur. I had caught up in my head, not really thinking about any thing though. It was just blank. By, the time I knew it I was in front of my car. I unlocked my car, and got in. I sat there with my head on the steering wheel.

I heard the passenger door open and then close. I thought it was Chris, but it wasn't. It was Amber. I seriously did not want to deal with her right now.

"Why didn't you call me? You said you would." Her voice filled the quiet air of the car. 3 more week. 3 more week and all of this would be over. 3 more weeks until we graduate high school. No more dealing with Amber, or any other clingy ex.

"I forgot. I've been busy." I hissed at her. She flinched, but then composed herself.

"You were with her weren't you? With that thot I found you with at Chris' party."

"You know what Amber. I am done with you, and you're ridiculous assumptions. I know that you cheated on me with Jake. I saw you two making out behind the bleachers after the game."

"I-I," I could tell that she was lost for words. I seriously can't even look at her. I reached over her, and yanked the door open.

"Get the hell out of my car. RIGHT NOW." Amber flinched but quickly rushed out of the car. I once again reached over and pulled the door shut. I raised up the AC, and cranked up the radio, and headed home.