Chapter Eight

Jace's POV

We finally arrived at the diner Jadyn and I had picked to eat at. It didn't look too fancy nor trashy so it was good. I walked out of my car, and quickly headed to Jadyn's door to help her out. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and guided us to the entrance. When we went inside we were greeted by a woman who looked to be in her twenties with blond hair and blue eyes. "Table for two?" she asked us with a smile.

"Yes. Please," I responded to her with a cheeky smile.

"Follow me." She directed us to a booth in the corner of the diner, and asked us what we wanted to drink. I asked for a coke, while Jadyn asked for a sprite. When she walked away I started staring at her.

"What are you looking at?" She asked me with a hint of annoyance in her voice. I could tell that she was still mad at me for taking her glasses. I just did it to mess with her.

"I'm sorry you know for taking your glasses." I said a sincere as I could. I felt bad, but not as bad because it was hilarious.

"I don't believe you." She responded and gave me a glare.

"You're right I'm not sorry. You have got to admit it was hilarious the way you were chasing after me." I gave her a smirk knowing that pushed her over the edge. She kicked me under the table, and I started playfully rubbing my leg. It did hurt, but not that bad. "Oww. What was that for?"

"You shouldn't even ask. You deserved it. I swear I think you might have a personality syndrome. One minute you are nicer than you normally are. Your whole I don't give a crap act doesn't fool me Jace Daniels. You don't have to act that way around me. It's not like I'm going to date you or something. I told you I want to be friends. So stop acting like that."

When she said that she wasn't going to date me I felt a sudden hurt, but got over it as quickly as it came. I needed to give up on Jadyn, because she didn't want me anymore. I guess that it's fine. She was right when she said I do throw away girls like they're rags. I honestly don't care about their feelings. Never will after what she did to me. I was quickly pulled out of my thoughts when the waitress came back and asked us for our orders.

"Can I get a hamburger, with a side of French fries?" I told her with a smile.

"Okay. How about you miss?"

"I'll have what he's having. Thanks." We handed her our menu, and stayed in silence for a moment.

"What's up with you?" She asked me with a nod of her head directing her question at me even though we are the only ones at the table.

"There's nothing wrong with me, but I know that there is something wrong with you." I folded my hands on top of the each other, and settled them on top of the table. "Please elaborate this to me." I pulled my lips into a straight thin line. I tried to hold in my laughter as long as I could, but I couldn't any longer. I burst out laughing. I rubbed my thumb under my eye. I laughed so hard that a tear had escaped my eye.

"That was not even funny. You have absolutely no sense of humor Jace. You have a five-year old's sense of humor. If you were to fart right now I'm pretty sure you would burst out laughing again."

"Here's your orders enjoy." The waitress placed our order in front of us, and walked away.

"You're wrong you know?" I said while stuffing a fry in my mouth.

"Wrong about what."

"About me having a personality syndrome. It's just I can't trust anyone anymore." I bowed my head down. And whispered as quietly as I could "not after what she did to me."

"Not after who did what to you." She asked with her voice full of concern. I looked up at her and smiled.

"What are you talking about? I never said anything." She must have had some super spidy sense for her to hear that. I couldn't tell her about that. I never told anyone about her. Not even Chris. I didn't want him judging me about her. We made a promise. Not to get attached to anyone.

"Come on Jace you can tell me. I won't tell anyone I swear" I don't know what it is about her that makes me trust her so much. So, I decided to tell her.

"You swear you won't tell anyone?"

"Cross my heart, and hope to die."

"There was this girl. Her name was June. I met her during sophomore year. At first we were just having fun, and getting drunk, but then I started developing feelings for her. I asked her out on a date, and she said yes. We were going out for about 9 months when I found her one morning naked in my older brother's arms. I slammed the door closed, and stormed out of the house

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback to that morning

I got out of the shower and got dressed. I had previously gone to the mall yesterday, and got an anniversary gift for her. I was about to plug my phone into the music player when I remembered that I had lent it to my brother. I walked out of my room and walked into is.

"Hey Danny where's my do-?" In his bed was June and Danny naked wrapped in each other's arms. "What the hell?" I stormed out of the room, and slammed the door shut. I ran down the stairs when I hear my mother call out to me

"Where are you going honey?"

"Just going out for a walk." I didn't let her say anything else, and started running to the only place that came to mind. It was a clearing that I had found in the wood near my house. I always brought June here after our dates. We spent hours making out right here. I was brought out of my thoughts when I hear a twig snap behind me. I turned my head to look, and see who it was. I knew it was June I just wanted to be sure. I gave her a death glare, and turned back to the lake.

"Jace. I am so." I cut her off before she could talk any longer.

"Stop. Just stop okay. I don't want to hear your lame excuses. Just tell me how long has it been going on?"

"About 5 months." I got up, and walked straight to her.

"Are you fucking kidding me? After everything I did for you June. I told you I loved you yet you still led me on. What type of heartless bitch are you. You should have told me. Instead of dragging me along with you. We have been together for 9 months, and you have been cheating on me for 5. I can't believe you."

"You are such a hypocrite Jace. It's not like you haven't been sleeping around too I saw you. I saw you that night at the restaurant with that whore."

"What are you talking about? I was with my cousin Nicky, she came to visit us over the summer. You didn't even bother asking me."

"I'm so sorry Jace. I know I was wrong. It's just after the first time me and Danny had sex I just felt a stronger connection with him then I felt with you. I think I might be pregnant." I turned and looked at her straight in the eyes.

"You are stupid if you think that Danny loves you, because he doesn't. He doesn't like relationships. I hate you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End of Flashback

"I loved her, but she broke my heart anyway. Now I can never trust anyone because of her." I looked into Jadyn's eyes and saw pity, and sadness written all over her face. "I don't want your pity okay. I just told you to get this of my chest. I raised my hand and ordered for the check. The waitress came back, and handed me the check. I pulled out my wallet. When her phone started ringing. I put the money on the table.

"What?" I looked up and saw the biggest frown on her face. "You're lying right?" She shook her head and tear started running down her face. She quickly got up gathered her stuff and headed to the door. She ran out and headed towards her car. I turned her around, and saw that her eyes were already extremely red, and puffy. I ran my thumb across her eyes to get rid of the tear streaming down her face.

"What's wrong Jay?" I looked at her with concern.

"S-she's dead Jace."