Chapter Five

Jadyn's POV.

Jace and I have been studying for the last couple of days. I think I can finally stop tutoring him, because he is beginning to get the hang of it. I am so exhausted, so I immediately crawl into bed. I'm glad that tomorrow is Saturday, because I need all the rest I can get. I'm staring at the glow in the dark stars on my celling when I hear my phone buzz. I look at my clock and see it's almost 12:00. I wonder who could be texting me this late. I unplug my phone from my charger, and see that there is a message from Jace 'Want to go out and watch a movie tomorrow?' I was confused as to why was he asking me out on a date, and this late, was it possible that he is just joking around?

'Why should I?' I respond

'Come on Jay don't be such a prude. It'll be fun!' I thought for about a minute. I was telling myself that I should say no, but my subconscious was telling me that it was a challenge and my ego instantly took over, and made me respond

'Okay, but if you try anything I swear.' 

'I knew you couldn't resist. I'll pick you up at 8:00'

'Shut up before I change my mind.'

'Okay. See you tomorrow.' I laid in my bed for almost an hour thinking how much of an idiot I was for saying yes, but now I have to deal with this. My eyes started to feel heavy, and I could barely stay awake. I set my phone in the bedside table and let sleep take over.

I woke up at about 12:00 I went down to the kitchen and made myself some eggs and bacon. I sat at the kitchen table watching re-runs of Friends when my phone buzzed.

'Excited for our date tonight?' This guy is completely something else.

'It's not a date. Just two people watching a movie together.'

'Whatever you say.' I didn't respond to his last text and I called Kasey it rung for about 3 seconds before someone picked up.

"Hey. Want to go shopping."

"Yeah. I would love to it feels like I haven't seen you in forever."

"It's only been a week Kase."

"I know, but it feel like longer I miss you,"

"That's why I'm asking if you want to go shopping."

"Okay. Pick me up in an hour my mom took my car away again," She than hung up. Typical Kasey her parents are extremely strict. They always got mad at her when her teacher's called home. They took away the most important thing from her, her car. She couldn't go anywhere without that. It was like her baby.

I washed my plate and went upstairs to my room. I took a shower and walked into my closet. I pulled out some blue high-waisted shorts, a black crop top and tied a red and black plaid flannel around my waist. I blow dried my hair and put it in a messy high top ponytail. I put on my black converse and headed towards my car. I drove to Kasey's house and there she was already waiting for me outside on the porch steps. When she was running towards my car I noticed that we almost had similar outfits on. When she got in the car I looked at her and smiled. At first she looked at me in confusion before realizing we matched. I drove to the mall and we instantly started going in every store that looked interesting and tried stuff on. When we passed the food court our stomach grumbled in unison, and we instantly laughed. We both walked over to Subway and ordered one sandwich and split it in half.

"So, how is everything with Jace?"

"It's fine. Nothing is happening you know that right?"

"Whatever you say Jay, but I know the truth."

"Please enlighten me since I'm so oblivious."

"You like him Jay"

"No I don't. I admit that he is extremely attractive, but I can't like him. You know what he does with girls. He just throws them away like rags. It's surprising how long he even stayed with Amber."

"Yeah, but gotta give the guy a chance."

"Fine. Let's get going he'll be at my house at 8:00 and I have to put all this stuff away. You know I'm way OCD with my room."

She laughed and began to get up and throw away the trash "Okay. Let's go."

I dropped Kasey of at her house and then went home. I hung up my shirts in the closet and put away the jeans and shorts I bought in the dresser. I took off my shorts, and put on a pair of light wash high-waisted skinny jeans, because it was starting to get cold. When I looked at my clock I saw that it was almost 8:00. I walked down stairs and grabbed my purse and my phone and sat on the couch watching Supernatural on Netflix. Sam had just lost his shoe and I was laughing so hard, when the door bell rang. I shut off the TV, and I walked to the door. When I opened the door I was greeted by Jace in a pair of blue jeans and a band t-shirt. I looked up to his face and his lips were in a smirk. I slapped his arm and said "Let's go or we are going to miss the movie."

We went to the movies and watched 21 and over. The movie was really funny. I was laughing so hard my rib cage started to ache. I was reaching for the popcorn when I felt Jace's hand on top of mine I quickly moved my hand, but I guess he didn't notice, so I didn't act any differently. When the movie finished we went to go get ice cream. We stopped at Dairy Queen and both got a cone with vanilla ice cream. We went to a table, and looked at the stars. I was so focused on the stars that I barley heard him asking me something. "What?"

"I said how do you know Chris?"

"Sorry. I didn't hear you. Chris 'dated' one of my friends freshman year. Plus, he's always hitting on Kase."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Can I ask you something?" I looked into his eyes and saw confusion. I noticed that his smile had gone away, and I started to get a little worried.

"Sure." I said. Running my fingers through my hair nervously.

"Why don't you like me?"

"I never said I didn't like you, I just don't trust you."

"Oh. Okay." After he asked that it seemed as if a ton of weight was just lifted of his shoulder and his smile returned to his face. We spent the rest of the evening talking and getting to know each other better. I started to yawn and the Jace asked if I wanted to go home. I nodded my head yes. We walked to Jace's car and he started to drive back to my house.

When we got to my house. He got out of his car and opened my door. "You don't have to walk me to my door, I think I can handle myself from here."

"No, I'm walking you to your door." Anger flashed in his eyes and I just kept walking.

When I got to the door I turned around and said to Jace with a smile, "I had a lot of fun."

"Me too." I was about to turn back around when Jace grabbed my waist with one of his hands, and turned me so that I was facing him again. He slightly pushed me against the door, and intertwined our hand together. He started to lean down to my lips. I was shocked at what was happening right now. His lips were getting closer to mine, but I just stood frozen there. His lips latched on to mine, and he was kissing me ever so softly. I was perplexed beyond question. What the hell was happening? I still couldn't bring myself to stop. He was such a good kisser. His pink lips were so soft, and intoxicating. I couldn't help myself. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. He stared to lick my lips asking for permission to stick his tongue down my throat when suddenly that brought me back to reality. I pushed him away and stared into his blue eyes.
God it was like staring at a clear blue sky. I opened my mouth to speak when he all of a sudden put his finger on my mouth to not let me start my sentence. He removed his finger from my mouth and started hugging my waist, and brought his lips back to mine with the softest touch one could ever imagine.