Chapter 11: Silence

Casey's POV

As I slumped back to the main road I could swear I heard someone calling my name. I kept on walking. There was no way I was turning back. I didn't want anyone to see me. After all, I was meant to be dead. Suicide or something. I nearly made the mistake of going back to Denny. Good thing that's not happening again.

"Casey! Casey!"

I could slightly make out the sound of my name coming from behind me. My name echod a few times in my mind and then the sound of footsteps replaced them.

The screams got louder and louder.

"CASEY! CASEY WAIT!"

"Andy what are you doing here."

Denny's POV

"Thanks for coffee."

"Thanks for coming. I didn't think you'd be up to it," Ricky said as she paid the bill. "I'm really glad that you're getting out of the house. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks", I said as I stared at the floor. "It's hard being around here. Everywhere I go I see him, I hear him breathing. I feel like he's always with me."

"He's always going to be with you. Always. Never forget that."

"I just don't want to act like he didn't matter."

"Everything is going to be okay. Trust me," Ricky said as she pulled me into a tight hug.

Casey's POV

"How long are you going to keep this up for? Pretending that you're dead!"

"Andy keep your voice down!"

"Why? What good is that going to do?"

"Why do you care so much? You always wanted me dead. Isn't this what you wanted?"

"Back then maybe. But I started to like you Braxton. And besides, Josh needs you. You're a better brother to him than I'll ever be. When you decide to man up, let me know."

***

I knew I had to do this. I don't know why I ever put Denny through so much pain in the first place. Every time I was with her, flowers bloomed from the deep crevices in my mind. I can't believe I ever wanted to let her go in the first place.

I walked back to the farmhouse, hoping to see Denny. Out of luck I made my way down to the beach, trying to find Denny without being seen. The day flew by, almost as if it didn't exist at all. It grew closer to the afternoon and I still couldn't find her. Maybe we weren't meant to be.

Denny's POV

"Thanks for today Ricky. It really meant a lot to me."

"Anytime. I'm always here for you. I know it must be hard for you. Especially being here."

"Yeah. We had so many memories on this beach. But I have to face things sooner or later."

I looked along the horizon and for a split second I saw Casey in the distance.

"Hey are you okay?", Ricky asked me. "Don't cry Denny. It's going to be okay."

"I can see him Ricky."

"What do you mean?"

"I can see Casey."

"Denny-"

"I'm sure it's him. Can't you see him too?"

"Denny he's not-", Ricky began, stopping midsentence.

"He's not what?"

"Denny I see him too."

Casey's POV

There was a long pause between the time my eyes met Denny's. Ricky was with her, and I could tell that she too was in utter shock.

"Hey."

Still no answer. I didn't know what to feel. I couldn't imagine what Denny was feeling, all the pain I put her through.

"I'm going to leave you guys too it. But we are going to have a serious chat afterwards," Ricky said. "Do you want me to tell Brax?"

"No, I'll do it. I'm sorry Ricky."

A few more awkward silences pierced the air as me and Denny stood alone.

"How could you do this?! To Ricky, to Brax, to me!"

"I'm sorry-"

"How could you put me through so much pain? I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

"Look I never meant for this to happen! And for what it's worth, I really am sorry. But the only reason I came back was for you!"

"How long were you planning to hide for?! Do my feelings not matter to you?!"

"Of course they matter-"

"THEN WHY DID YOU DO THIS?! WHY DID YOU TRY AND FAKE YOUR OWN DEATH AND THEN DISAPPEAR WITHOUT A TRACE!"

"I'm sorry-"

"I WAS GOING TO HAVE TO RAISE A CHILD ON MY OWN!"

"You're pregnant!"

"Yeah but that doesn't matter because I obviously meant nothing to you."

"Denny I'm sorry. I really am."

"Yeah well sorry doesn't count after goodbye."

_______________________________________________________________________
{A/N: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
That was such an intense chapter oh my gosh! That's not even half of what's to come! And a few days ago... THIS BOOK GOT 500 READS! I know it's not a lot but I've only been writing this for about 2 months now so I'm super happy and I just wanted to say that I couldn't have done this without any of you. There are a few of you that I want to personally acknowledge and thank for voting and commenting frequently but I will do that soon x}

Thank you to those who read this book, and a special thank you to those that have been reading from the very first day x

Dream impossible dreams x

Chantelle