Chapter 4: The Shooting

Denny's POV

I can't believe he would do that to me. After everything we've been through. And with my sister.

I can hear Casey yelling my name but I don't care. I just run.

I run and run until my legs grow weak. I want to stop, but I know that if I do then that lying, cheating cow will find me. I hear something that sounds like it's coming from the bushes. I feel a sudden pain rush through my head and suddenly my whole world turns black...

Casey's POV

I search tirelessly for Denny until I realise that the sun has begun to set. But I still won't give up. I have a fair idea of what I could do to Evie, but I'm not going to. He's my brother's girlfriend after all. I collapse on the couch and make sure to leave my phone on, after coming to the conclusion that she's probably asleep and it would be better to search for her in the daylight. But I can't sleep knowing that she could be hurt, so I send voicemail after voicemail to her phone.
"Hey Denny, it's me. I'm sorry about before, I promise I had nothing to do with it. I love you. Please call me."

Denny's POV

After a while the throbbing pain in my head ceases, and I can see a mysterious figure lurking in the darkness obtained by the four walls surrounding me.
"Where am I?".
"That's for me to know and for you to never find out."
"Who are you!"
"You could say I'm Casey's mate..."
"What do you want from me!"
"I don't want anything from you. I want Casey."

Casey's POV

As the first rays of sunlight crept through the window I ran off to find Denny.
"I think you'll need this," Brax said as he chucked me my phone.
"What was that about?", Ricky asked. "He's not in trouble is he?"
"He's a Braxton. It could be anything."

The first place I went was straight to the farmhouse, where a half-asleep Evie answered the door.
"Look Casey I'm sorry-"
"Save it. Where's Denny?"
"She didn't come home last night. I thought she was with you."
"Hannah! Do you know where Denny is?!", I demand as Hannah rushed towards me.
"No idea. I would help but I'll be late for work!", Hannah replied as she ran out the door.
"I really am sorry," Evie proclaims.
"Does Josh know what you did?"
"We broke up. That's why I kissed you, to make him jealous."
"Evie I don't have time for your games."
And with that I ran out the door, desperate to find Denny.

As I made it to the bus stop my phone vibrated in my pocket. My heart skipped a beat as I checked the name of the sender.

Denny: Hey I'm at 41 Ridgeway Avenue. Please come pick me up. I can't walk home and there isn't a bus stop in sight x

Casey: I'm on my way x

Denny's POV

I was scared for Casey. Because sooner or later he was going to burst through the doors and I might lose him forever.
_______________________________________________________________________

{Important A/N: Thank you so so much for reading this story! I've been really enjoying writing it! We have holidays now so I'll be extremely active, and I'll have a new book starting by today! Thank you for those who are voting and commenting on this story, especially kelsie222 TheSnowWolf Kaleidoscope_colors, it means the world. For those of you who don't comment, please do! I would love to get feeback and critique on my story and I want to know what I could do better. Thank you so much for all the support so far.}
Dream impossible dreams x
~Chantelle~